Check out this 61 Elky....yes a '61.... [Archive] - El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums

: Check out this 61 Elky....yes a '61....

72ss454Florida
01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
okay I know they didnt make a 61 elky, but if they did this should have been how they did it...using a 1961 Chevy 4-door Belair!!! 8O
http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/20/cd/3b_3.JPG

here is the ebay auction link , check out all the other pics. I am not crazy about the interior, but think the rest is outstanding.... :thumbsup:
Bel Camino (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6153&item=4516344083&rd=1)

what do you think about it?

vega_guy_76
01-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I love everything EXCEPT the door window design. Much too small at the top.

Charles

72ss454Florida
01-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I love everything EXCEPT the door window design. Much too small at the top.

Charles

yeah I can understand that, but the big curving back window (is that a front window from a 60 elky) surely gives this Bel Camino lots of good rear visibility...one of the few things I dont like about my 3rd Gen....

Maddening
01-02-2005, 11:21 PM
The windows look a little wierd to me, but I could get over that pretty fast. He did a pretty good job, the wood on the bed would have to go though. Makes me wonder what a '63 or '64 Bel Air 4dr would turn out like now. Hmmmm, I know where there are three in fairly decent shape just setting.. Hmmmmmmmm.. :P

Mrapii
01-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Looks pretty neat. I'm pretty sure the back glass is the same as when it was a 4-door.

Wes Turner
01-03-2005, 01:28 PM
The door looks terrible, what a shame.

darkangel59
01-03-2005, 01:42 PM
WOW thats a nice ride there! nice body and shape it defintly has a different design to it but hey that how i like them^_^ but it looks like the paint job has been done a couple of times, the tires how ever dont look to be the correct size, theres a lil rust in the back end but hey thats always able to get off. it looks to be highered also in the back, but that just might be the way the photo was taken. BUt besides that it looks really nice im too lazy to go to the link but what does it have under the hood all orginal? or is it all new does it have powerd stering or brakes? **what year did all that stuff start to come out in the cars?**

Britt

rushgator
01-03-2005, 02:17 PM
The door looks terrible, what a shame.

I agree. Everthing else is great, but the door is too short. Should have went with the 2-door doors. Would have been longer and the proportions would be better.

LINY
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Now that a 61 El Camino has been discovered 1 of the 420 1988's can't be far behind. :? Looks like a real pleasure to get in and out of. :-(

77SS
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry to say guys, but I don't like it. Not because of any particular styling problem, but because it isn't real. There was a post here last month about the Vegamino, and that got poo-pooed for the same reason. I would much rather see someone spend the money (like I'm sure this guy did) on restoring a true classic.

It did get me thinking however, about what a 6th Generation El Camino might look like if GM resurected the breed. I took photos I found for current Chevrolet cars, and came up with these:

http://elcaminocentral.com/users/77ss/forumpics/6thgen.jpg

Kruizer
01-04-2005, 06:14 AM
I, actually, kinda like the Bel Camino concept. It's different and unique. Hat's off to the guy. :cool:

77SS,

I like the El Malibu look the best. It has a good edgy look to it. Plus, it's prob the size they would make a newer one in. Of course, the SSR is kinda like the new El Camino. Try doing it with the new GTO and Cadillac's CTS/STS, if ya get a chance. I think those would look pretty cool.

77SS
01-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Try doing it with the new GTO and Cadillac's CTS/STS

I was trying to stick with Chevrolet models, but I went ahead and tried the others, and updated the graphic. I don't really like the Caddy. The GTO is only a 2 door, so it doesn't have the length in the frame, so I tried it with the Bonneville instead. I kind of like that one, but I like the El Carlo better.

You can see from what I did that it is hard to carry the lines though the door. This is why the Bel Camino looks the way it does.

Kruizer
01-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Cool! I like the CTS version. I realize you were doing Chevys only, but I was just curious as to how those other GM models would look. Thanks! :cool:

Maddening
01-04-2005, 09:40 AM
The GTO is identical body wise to the Monaro, and the Aussie Ute is a very close cousin of the Monaro, so a GTO Camino would probably look something like the Ute SS, all we need now is GM to see the error of their ways in bringing over only the Monaro and not the Ute too! :P

darkangel59
01-04-2005, 01:41 PM
77ss umm i like that you took the time to go get those but err i really dont like them but i like the idea of a 6th gen. umm i might sound stupid for saying this but does anybody know why the stopped manufactoring the elkys? the only thing that i dont like about the pictures are that they look very bubbly!lol :P but good idea!

Britt

77SS
01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
the only thing that i dont like about the pictures are that they look very bubbly!

They are what they are. If Chevrolet were to reintroduce the El Camino, it would most likely be based on another model of the same year, because of tooling costs. The renderings are simply pics of current models, with the rear window pushed forward, and the rear door seams airbrushed out.

I heard a rumor that Ford was going to re-release the Ranchero. If they do, Chevrolet would probably follow suit. When they do, it will probably look like one of my concepts, and you will all think I am a freakin genius! 8)

darkangel59
01-04-2005, 03:44 PM
the only thing that i dont like about the pictures are that they look very bubbly!

They are what they are. If Chevrolet were to reintroduce the El Camino, it would most likely be based on another model of the same year, because of tooling costs. The renderings are simply pics of current models, with the rear window pushed forward, and the rear door seams airbrushed out.

I heard a rumor that Ford was going to re-release the Ranchero. If they do, Chevrolet would probably follow suit. When they do, it will probably look like one of my concepts, and you will all think I am a freakin genius! 8)

This i know that they are what they are i was simply stating a opinion lol. but Ford (Found On Road DEAD :P ) is supposidly coming back out with the Ranchero that is interesting hmm so far Ford In my opinion hasnt done a good job with bring back old looks :?
Britt

77SS
01-09-2005, 07:03 AM
I made those pics before I got around to reading the post about the Austrailian Ute, also called the Lumina in South Africa:

http://www.cartoday.com/images/gallery/chevrolet/lumina/9.jpg
http://www.cartoday.com/images/gallery/chevrolet/lumina/10.jpg