El Camino Central Forum banner

68-72 tonneau cover

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  haulzazz 
#1 ·
looking for a older style snap tonneau cove for my 71 el camino...i need the bow bars also new or in good shape all pending price....going to carlisle pa for the fall show i may even find one there...reason im looking for the snap style is the truck alreay has the snaps installed

#3 ·
x2..that would be the only way to go. The chance of finding a good used one for a good price that matches up with your existing snaps is slim to none. All it takes is one snap to be off a quarter inch, and you end up with an ill fitting, or entirely useless, cover.

#4 ·
looking for a older style snap tonneau cove for my 71 el camino...i need the bow bars also new or in good shape all pending price....going to carlisle pa for the fall show i may even find one there...reason im looking for the snap style is the truck alreay has the snaps installed

X3 on the custom tonneau. Will save you time, money & headache in the long run!

FYI, I have an extra set of brand new in the wrapper bow mounting brackets (they are reproductions but correct for all 3rd Gens if interested. I also have a source for the correct wooden bows but would advise having a pair custom made from aluminum as the wood bows are basically good for show only.

PM me if you are interested in the bow mounting brackets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.