El Camino Central Forum banner

Who knows where this hose goes?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Mrbud 
#1 ·
I just finished putting valve seals on my 82 and Have this small hose left over. Can't seem to find a place for it. Believe it's for the AC Control panel. Also How much coolant does it take to refill AC after a Vacuum Out of the system? Thanks for any answers in advance Bud

#4 ·
If I recall correctly, that one goes to the water control valve in the heater hose. It's early. I'll go out and check later if no one has confirmed it by then. If you copy and paste the IMG code from tinypic, it will show up in your post. Like this:

#5 ·
If I recall correctly, that one goes to the water control valve in the heater hose. It's early. I'll go out and check later if no one has confirmed it by then. If you copy and paste the IMG code from tinypic, it will show up in your post. Like this:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2i7n7f5.jpg
...X 2 on the water valve for the heater..:beer:
:beer:

#6 ·
This is what is hooked to the Heater valve now looks like it goes down below. Havn't followed it down yet

#8 · (Edited)
I don't know maybe the efe at the end of the pass side exhaust manifold..
I have no idea what that means:dontknow:but the line in question connects to the heater valve. If you follow that plastic line from the heater valve, I'll bet it has a piece of vacuum hose on the end that connects to the one in the original picture. That's how mine is.

#9 ·
I'll Trace it down tomorrow see what it is hooked to should There be a t connector there?

#10 ·
Finally, Got time to check it out They had the heater valve hooked to this it is a 3 inch size can with a linkage is this to have vacuum line run to it instead? also what is it? is it for the transmission?

[/IMG]

#12 ·
Thank You JJLT1, So if I have the smog off and I'm now running a Holley Throttle body injection system. I can leave this unhooked or should I still have vacuum running to it to keep it working so it won't stick?

#13 ·
yea you can leave the efe can unhooked,, if you don't have to deal with emissions??
I would just check to see if it is stuck or not,, I think they have a spring in them to open the valve..
just let it stay open all the time..

normally it would only need vacuum from a thermal switch when the motors cold..
your throttle body probably warms up ok..

it probably doesn't go to that first hose pic,, like Hp11 said.. hook it to the heater control valve..:texas:

#14 ·
Ok Thanks. For the help Need a new small hose off the Heater Valve. the old one was brittle and broke when I connected them. Will check the spring. Thanks Bud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.