El Camino Central Forum banner

2014 Calendar Contest Begins August 1st

28K views 118 replies 40 participants last post by  HKDUP87 
#1 ·
The 2014 Calendar begins August 1st. Attached below are the Contest Rules, along with some photography suggestions that will help you take that killer photo that's got an above average chance of capturing the votes. Photography is much more than the "Point & Click" that the camera manufacturers want you to believe. Check out the common sense suggestions in the attached document and try them out. Transmit your contest entries to kenrogers1@sbcglobal.net as attachments to your eMail. Please do NOT insert the photos into the body of your eMail message. THANKS and good luck to all..........................Ken

Attachments

Reactions: dmosko
#2 ·
Ken,
Just took a look at your 68 SS 396 photo page.
I was mesmerized.
If anyone needs an example for tips for photos, they only need look there.
What a fine specimen of automobile.
Hard work shows. And gives me inspiration to move forward with mine.
No limits, 'cept $.
Thanks for that.
Dave

#13 ·
Thanks.................

Thanks very much for those very kind words, Dave. If you would like one more look at her, only in action, go to Site Topics, and the episode of PowerBlock's " MuscleCar" she starred in is included in the stickies there. Or, you can click on the URL below. I still watch the show about once a month - each time I watch the episode, I remember again how much fun we had filming - 9 1/2 hours and a tank and a half of gas.................Ken :cruch:

http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51644

Ken,
Just took a look at your 68 SS 396 photo page.
I was mesmerized.
If anyone needs an example for tips for photos, they only need look there.
What a fine specimen of automobile.
Hard work shows. And gives me inspiration to move forward with mine.
No limits, 'cept $.
Thanks for that.
Dave

#3 ·
Cool let the pic's begin.

#6 ·
I've already been scouting places. I have a few picked out.:2gunsfiring:

#12 ·
Mine should be finished by then, hopefully. :roll:

#18 ·
Beautiful Car

Beautiful car Ken. Might have to send some pics of my 79.

#19 ·
Please send in Photos!

Thanks, jkw, and YES, please DO send in the photos. We have 12 Calendars to fill up, so we need all of the members to send those photos in. And please, my friends, do not wait until the last few days and swamp us. It takes time to process all of the shots into calendar pages - so start them coming now, and don't leave us like this on September 15th :Eyecrazy: ......................Ken

#23 ·
Trere are NO dumb Elky Owners....................

There are no dumb questions other than one not asked. I promise you that 90 percent of us didn't notice our NECOA number in the upper right corner until someone who had been told before pointed it out for us.

Now, everyone needs to redouble their efforts to get that special shot of their Elky and get it sent in. PLEASE include the required information with the photos. At present, I've received about 10 photos, and 2 have the required information included............................Ken

:argue: :cruch::buttkick: :argue:​

#26 ·
You are IN!!!..........................

You are IN, Jason, I have the photos posted to the contest preliminary files. Those are great shots, with terrific backgrounds.................Ken :cruch:

Ken,
Do you still have the pics I sent in last year when I missed the cut off date? If not I can submit them again.

#28 ·
Yes................

Short answer: YES! Long answer: I apologize for the delay in responding to your question, and you do not need their permission unless the photo is copyrighted - it would be nice though..........................Ken :argue: :buttkick: :cruch:

NOTE: PLEASE let's submit those photos for the Calendar - they're coming in very slowly. We need as much time as is possible to work with the submissions ahead of the cut-off date..........................Ken

#32 ·
Check With Me.......................

Contact me as soon as it's complete and photo-ready. Acceptance will depend on many things, and where they are exactly in the process. I WILL help you IF I am able to - but I cannot make any promises........................Ken :sneaky1:

Is September 15th the last day for Submission? My Elky wont be ready until October 1st or 3rd.
NOTE: PLEASE let's submit those photos for the Calendar - they're coming in very slowly. We need as much time as is possible to work with the submissions ahead of the cut-off date..........................Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.