El Camino Central Forum banner

paint scheme ideas...

5K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  americanhandy 
#1 · (Edited)
so ive been thinking about paint schemes, i made a few variations with photoshop not sure which one i like the best. let me know what you think.

See less See more
#5 ·
They are all interesting. For the second one I recommend keeping the lighter color on top and the dark color on bottom. Anytime I see someone two tone a vehicle or have the idea I always recommend dark color on bottom. IMO it should be the law haha. I like the first one though, looks great. Can you make me one of those with all black and that first stripe design in a charcoal color? If you could that would be awesome! I was thinking of doing something similar but would love to see it first. Either that or like a Challenger R/T stripe down the side of the fender coming from the hood down into fender and door.

#16 ·
I like the 4th one, but think it would look lots better with the colors reversed. But it's your ride guy, go with what you like.

Last winter, I made a side view copy of a white 83 like mine from the galleries, printed it out. Ended up making 60 copies, colored diff paint schemes with colored pencils and markers. Would stick 10 on the wall for a few days, eliminate ones I didn't like, put up some more. After 4 mos, narrowed it down to one. Will send pics of it once I get it on the elco. (Hint...it's VERY different for an elco!)

:nanawrench:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.