El Camino Central Forum banner

Need headliner for 1980.

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  EdontheBeach 
#1 ·
Prefer black, but could dye it.

Jack

#3 ·
I bought my headliner (ABS) from OPGI along with all of the clips for $220. It was a perfect fit and while the upholstery shop would do it for $150, I did not have the old headliner. It was broken and would not hold its shape. with the headliner I bought I never have to worry about the cardboard getting wet or cracking on the corners. It took 3 days from the time I placed the order til I installed it. No down time because my car was never in the shop. Perfect color also. And no, I do not work for OPGI, I'm just refering them because I got exactly what I wanted and have bought alot of items from them before and after.

#9 ·
Farily easy DIY project, once you get the headliner out. You can buy fabric on line, or even at a local JoAnn Fabrics. Cost of Fabric is about $15, plus a can of adhesive $8. Scrape, Clean, Spray and Roll out the fabric. Trim the edge and re-install. Most ofo the cost at the upholstry shop is getting the headliner out and in. Also, expect to have to replace some of the clips- they are getting old and will likely break when trying to remove.
If you are ambitious, you can use the same material to recover your visors. Ask if you want more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.