El Camino Central Forum banner

top gear

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  goodcruiser 
#1 ·
Not sure how many people are fans of the BBC show Top Gear, but they have made an American version. Just saw the first episode tonight and I had to turn it off after 20 mins. It was horrible. They ripped off everything from the original show and did a crapy job of it. :barf:
If you have a show that is as popular as the original top gear was, don’t try to make it better because you can’t. Just broadcast it over here on a channel other than BBC America if you want it that bad. Going to have to write the top gear people and apologize for our sorry attempt of a knock-off.

#3 ·
It's not truly a rip-off, it's actually the same producers as the real Top Gear. I admit it doesn't come close to the original but I didn't expect it to. I'll still dvr it and skip the junk, no other show really has a "lets beat the crap out of any car we get a hold of" segment.

#4 ·
I made it through the whole thing. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it was better than I'd feared. Of the three hosts, the only one I really like is Tanner Foust.

Have you ever seen the early seasons of the original Top Gear? The first year was pretty bad too. Hopefully these guys get better as the chemistry grows. I think watching the last several seasons of the original has us really spoiled (in a good way). We've seen the best, and now have a new version to watch.

I'm going to hang in there for two reasons. One, I hope they get better. Two, it's another automotive show. There can never be enough as far as I'm concerned:beer:

#7 ·
The British version is hella funny!!! I was disappointed that they couldn't bring In a host with a little humor lol but besides that it's identical to the British version, just no Jeremy :???:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.