El Camino Central Forum banner

'70 SS w/matching #'s 454/450 HP LS6 4 sale

11K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  84 Elky 
#1 ·
You very rarley see a 1970 SS 454 LS6 on eBay. Over $47K and the reserve isn't even met. Check out the ID of the bidders.

#3 ·
Sidenote: Only 159 Elco's of this configuration were made. Throw in the originality factor, matching numbers, extensive documentation, the mileage and the condition, and we will see this price go vertical.

Last months Hemmings Muscle Machines showed a '70 Chevelle convert with the same motor, but not matching #'s or any documentation sell for $181K!!!! :eek:

Kinda like apples and oranges, but they are close in comparison. I doubt we will see a finer example of this breed Elco except to drool over on pages of magazines and web sites.

#4 ·
I found this elky on E-bay earlier today, was about to throw up a post, but then I saw this one. That Elky is like the Holy Grail of Elkies. I know LS-6 Elkies are rare enough, but the low miles factor is what really sets it apart. Right now it's up to 56.1K and the reserve is still not met. Anyone think it will go for 6 figures?

#7 ·
Sold for $65K! After watching the major auctions on T.V, I'd say that is correct for such a collectable. Truly a magnificent machine. Would love to see it in person.

Elky 83 wrote:
I was going to bid on it till I noticed one bad fault........no A/C
LOL... me to. Got to have that freon on you for those hot summer days. Not to nit pick, but from what I understand, you could not order the LS6 with A/C. Something about overheating or lifters....not to sure.. Maybe I read that wrong. :oops:

#9 ·
[
Elky 83 wrote:
I was going to bid on it till I noticed one bad fault........no A/C
LOL... me to. Got to have that freon on you for those hot summer days. Not to nit pick, but from what I understand, you could not order the LS6 with A/C. Something about overheating or lifters....not to sure.. Maybe I read that wrong. :oops:[/quote]

You are correct A/C was not availible on any LS6 powered Chevelle or El Camino.
$65k was actually a low price for that Elky. The last one I saw for sale went for over 85k. Mine is insured for $90k

#10 ·
Rushgator said "holy grail of El Caminos" I agree.

I think 65K is very reasonable, considering the low miles, seemingly good condition and the 1-owner pedigree on that rare [one in 159] pearl. I just don't happen to have a spare 65K laying around. Maybe one of you would provide it for me 8O

In my mind, the Chevys that sported the LS-6 450 horse engine are at the top of the muscle car car pyramid, even more than the Hemis and the big Fords.

Glad for the link. Thx for posting, Jay.

Mike

#11 ·
but from what I understand, you could not order the LS6 with A/C. Something about overheating or lifters....not to sure.. Maybe I read that wrong. :oops:[/quote]

Nope, you are correct. There wasn't enough vacuum to work the air and the other options.

I was going to order a new LS6 Chevelle in Oct of '69. Just came back from Vietnam, and had a pocket full of money. Also had a wife and a new daughter, so ordered the LS5 - with AIR. Sure would have loved to have the 6, but HAD to have the air - was going to El Paso. . .

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.