El Camino Central Forum banner

Official Engine Bay Picture Thread!

44K views 63 replies 44 participants last post by  MikesElco94 
#1 ·
I haven't seen one of these threads on here yet and searched so thought I'd throw one up. Post your engines and engine bays in your El Camino's! Stock or non stock it doesn't matter. I will be posting some of mine in the next few days! Also if you cleaned up the emissions, explain what you got rid of and how you did it! :nanawrench:

#4 ·
Ok here’s the before of the engine compartment of the wife’s 84 El Camino with a 305 that had a small problem…..

And the after with the LT1 I pulled from a 72 vette.

And my work in progress 83 El Camino 500 Cadillac swap

#5 ·
Tried to keep mine simple as I could.

considering where I started,, came out OK. This is how it sat in my Dad's shop from 1982 till I bought it 5 or 6 years ago.

#7 ·
They all look very nice and clean guys! Mine I have now is totally nasty and rusted all over. I spent about 5 hours until 3 in the mourning last night and man it still looks like crap. I painted the stock air cleaner, brackets, blower motor, etc. I am going to POR15 my booster and master cylinder because they look horrible. I think on this one I am going to build the 327 I have or a 350 and paint it chevy orange (usually I paint my engines body color) and keep it very simple and clean. I want to get rid of all the emissions crap such as the smog pump, stock manifolds, vacuum lines, etc and have just the power steering pump, A/C and lines, alternator and that's it. I will not go with too much polished items on this one since its my daily driver but I will throw polished air cleaner and valve covers (ball milled polished aluminum, no chromed steel).
Keep the pictures coming guys, they look great! :nanawrench:

#16 ·
Here is where mine is now. By that I mean it has changed quite a bit since the build was originally done.

#17 · (Edited)
Skinyfisher is the handle, car name is "EL CHROMEO"

454HO Built this engine using most all the original brackets from the nearly dead 396 and reinstalled most everything back in its stock location just chromed, polished or plastic vacuumed chromed, cause I wanted it that way????!!!!!! :dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.