El Camino Central Forum banner

how to deal with spiders

6K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  HKDUP87 
#1 ·
Car has been sitting for awhile. Anyway I have fifty or so spider egg sacs under car. I know some are old but some could be live. Any suggestions on how to deal with? Just spray with water? Spray insecticide then wash? Last time I just swept out with a broom in my garage little baby black widows came out of sacs and the mom came out of no where and charged me. Can't stand spiders.

Didn't know what forum to post this in

#17 ·
Try throwing a little gasoline on them and then throwing a match at them. You can watch all them little buggers burn! baby burn.. disco inferno!!:nanawrench:

#19 ·
I had this problem last summer, except it was with wasps, they made a big nest inside the drivers front fender. I shut the hood and about thirty wasps came flying out of the fender. Hit the nest with wasp spray once I found it and had a big pile of wasps on the ground.

#21 ·
In places where you don't want to use brake/carb/throttle body cleaners,
combine straight 5 percent white distilled vinegar with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Spray this mixture wherever you notice spiders or spider webs. Be careful to test first in delicate areas as oils stain.

PFlo/Paul:beer:

#23 ·
I use wasp spray on my spider eggs,my exterminator uses some kind of spray on them outside my house,they love to hang them egg sacks in my screen enclosure around my pool.And you're right ,those are black widow eggs,some brown with that red or orange hourglass shaped design on their stomachs.Don't let them suckers bite ya,they won't kill ya but will make ya miserable.Many years ago I was sweeping out my garage in Ft.Lauderdale & I squished some black widows with the broom handle & I kept on sweepin & I must have got some widow juice on my hands & rubbed my eyes,my eyes swelled up closed & my wife had to take me to the ER.I couldn't see at all with the eyes swelled shut.I learned a lesson that day.Now I let my wife sweep the garage ~:poke:

#25 ·
I have a constant annoying problem with spiders under the part time driven elco. Get to a car show & there's a wad of webs coming out. Never a proud moment when pointed out to you.

Whenever their out in the open somewheres, I'm with PRAMM on the propane torch. They try to run & POW.:bomb: Nearly vaporized spider.:nanawrench:No guessing if their dead.

#28 ·
I give the little egg pouches a nice hug with my duckbill pliers. No smelly chemicals. I don't see many spiders here except for the huge "banana spiders". Lizards munch out around the clock on insects here on the sand bar. Unfortunately, snakes munch out on the lizards. I like my snakes in zoos and boots. I kill any snake that drops by. Some are harmless while others are poisonous. Rattlers have killed two dogs in my neighborhood recently. Big 'ol "circle of life"

:secret::secret::secret::secret::secret::secret::secret::secret::secret::secret:

#30 ·
Or that bold tough sucker moved into my daily driver pickup

every week I have to sweep out the cobwebs---usually after retuning home form a work trip.

Get to the truck in the airport parking----full of webs again.

Back of the cab and the front passenger side----always with the cobwebs

Oh---and this guy is INSIDE the truck--not outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.