El Camino Central Forum banner

Totalled my el camino today!!

24K views 68 replies 55 participants last post by  69 SS396 
#1 ·
I got into a car accident today going to a carshow and the el camino didn't make it out so well. I on the other hand came out with a few bumps,and scratches!!! So i guess its on to building another el camino!! My engine may be completely destroyed its going to atleast need a passenger side head!

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry to see what is left of your elky, but you are so very lucky to have survived with your life !

#6 ·
This was the engine compartment right after i put the crate 350 in it, the engine and trans had about 3000 miles. I also just put a/c on the car i probably didn't go 500 miles with a/c before this happened!

Heres a pic i had taken on the power tour and the pic of the engine before the wreck!!!

#8 ·
dude what the hell happend? its been awhile since i got out to anything but i believe weve met in the past at old town. hopfully im correct in saying some jackass pulled out in front of you in full speed traffic again. sorry man, it was a nice one. you worked hard on it. that being said, as bad it looks, and it is a real shame, being that bad half way across to your seat, the camino is good to you. had you been driving any of these new plastic cars you very well would not have been around to share the pictures or what happened. so for what its worth, we're all feeling extremely bad for you and the camino. i know the old line is that as long as you are ok,.......... but i dont believe that. something is lost that cant be replaced. good luck man. ive seen a few for sale on various websites lately, so get back in it soon if you can. take care.

#14 ·
Steve, So sorry but sure glad that you are OK. It really took a lick. You are going to be sore for a few days I bet.

#15 ·
Steven , After seeing your great looking
83 in Daytona and knowing all the pride , time , effort and $ you put in your ride , it hurts to see what happened to it . Good to see your injuries were not more serious and must say I`m happily surprised , considering the photos . Take a little time and rest up and as 464elky said you may feel it in the next few days . I hope you plan make some follow up medical visits to check for a concussion or other effects . Please let us know more later . All our best wishes .

#20 ·
This really hurts to see your hard work steve be lost forever. The fact that you are OK is a bright light for you and your family, take care and mend the hurts and watch yourself. The FLorida group is watching

Let things settle and than call 464ELKY Neil and get his ELKY stretcher and torch that guy can fix anything. I hope you can get that engine out and saved along with A/C and your other mods to put into a next elky.

Skinyfisher Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.