El Camino Central Forum banner

Rare El Camino Parts

15K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  O. D. Showtime 
#1 ·
Has anybody bought from this guy Robert that has alot of used products he sells on e-bay? I see that he has rechromed wheel well trim, chrome for around the entire bed, etc. plus bumpers that have been redone. Should I stay away from e-bay or have and one bought from his e-bay site. Site is "Rare El Camino Parts" (spelled out) Robert Hernandez in Southern Calif.:neutral2:

#2 ·
rare parts

I will let you know in about a week or so. I just ordered a complete interior plastic molding set and lower door panels. Used but he claims there a pretty decent. I did tell him I plan to dye them but they are the same color I am going with. I will let you know as soon as I receive them if I am satisfied or not.
Rod

#3 ·
Thanks Rod, I'm really in the learning stage about all this and I may ask stupid questions but I'm not afraid to ask at my age of 65, Can't wait until I get my car completed here so I can show it and sooner or later I'll get some pictures on the site once I pay for a membership. again thanks Michael

#4 ·
I have never bought from him but his feedback looks good at 99.1% positive. You take a gamble buying anything on ebay but if you check their rating and see what his past buyers have to say you should be ok. Also if you use paypal as payment and have a problem you can file a complaint and get your money back. BTW his ad says "redone the right way and anodized" not rechromed,

#7 ·
Over the past five years I have purchased many parts from him and also visited his business in Los Angeles. He has every part you would need, all in good shape. I now live in Maryland and would definately purchase parts from him if needed. You will not be disappointed!:cool:

1984 Caballero
Davon, Maryland

#12 ·
Just got home and want to say thank you for all the reponses I received today. Everyone is so helpful here and now I need to forefill my comment about joining this great site. Paying my due to keep this site up and running is very important to me because I plan to keep my 80 Caballero. Thanks again and like I said one day I will get pictures up, but don't have the equipment and to be honest don't even know what I will need. Michael

#13 ·
I too bought some things from him over the years. Parts have always been better than described.
Only problems I ever had was when I bought 2 rear aluminum brake drums and the broken box was delivered in NY with only one inside. We split the price since he didn't have another one. Last thing I bought was a rechrome front bumper that started peeling the day I installed it. He exchanged it for another and a year later its still perfect!
I would definately buy from him again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.