El Camino Central Forum banner

1970 El Camino on Overhaulin'

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  walrus 
#1 ·
Did anyone watch Overhaulin' and see that awesome '70 Elky??? Nice! :cool: :beer:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Yes, first time Ive seen an original OH broadcast instead of a rerun. Wish I'd had the presence of mind to turn on the recorder when I realized it was a '70 Camino.

Although I really respect Chip Foose for his craftmanship and attention to detail, I am a little disappointed with some of his designs. Even with the nice custom touches, they usually still boil down to the same old boring RESTOMOD. Perhaps the worst thing about his overhauls is he picks out some of the most atrocious wheel designs I've ever seen. Would not want any of his wheels on my 69, even if they were free. Still not sure if I liked the looks better before or after but I'd bet my last dollar it performed and handled a lot better after Chip got done.

I spent the whole hour last night wishing I still had both of my 70s. Hopefully will be able to record this episode if they rerun it next week.

#7 ·
I'm not too sure if I liked the 'flames' Chip put on there. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good flame job, but I guess I was hoping for a more traditional one on this '70. Overall, the build was rockin' though. :nanawrench:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.