El Camino Central Forum banner

San Diego Meet and Greet

11K views 85 replies 11 participants last post by  65 ELKY 
#1 ·
I'll take the ball and run with it. How about a meet and greet??? Any suggestions??
My calendar is clear for the 23 March. Maybe we can drive up to the "Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum" 2040 North Santa Fe Avenue Vista Ca 92083.
It is a 45 mile trip from my house. Not having been there I do not know the lay of the land.

#4 ·
#8 ·
San Diego automotive museum in Balboa park is still there, a meet and greet along any of san diegos awesome coastline would be fun, especially if we threw in a bbq or just lounging in the sun bench racing.

I dont know if the clairemont cruise still happens I havent been to it since '06 - cruisin grand starts 1st fridat in april this year.

#14 ·
I'm good except the last weekend in March I'm going fishing for a week but any other time I'm good to go. :nanawrench:

#9 ·
quick question since everyone posting here is local to me....
anyone in the San Diego area have a recommendation on a shop that does good work?
i have guy i trust with my lexus, but not sure his expertise applies to early model cars let alone built engines

also i have a buddy who owns a resturant in IB. It has a lot that could fit 10-15 cars. he might be open to blocking it off for us if we all ate there. cars should drawl in business.

#11 ·
quick question since everyone posting here is local to me....
anyone in the San Diego area have a recommendation on a shop that does good work?
i have guy i trust with my lexus, but not sure his expertise applies to early model cars let alone built engines

also i have a buddy who owns a resturant in IB. It has a lot that could fit 10-15 cars. he might be open to blocking it off for us if we all ate there. cars should drawl in business.
Havent been to IB in a long time, corvette club went to some place right near the peir, its quite a haul for anyone in north county though...

What sort of work? I had a couple of shops that did work on the vette and I assume they arent so stuck up they wouldnt take in an el camino :)

#20 · (Edited)
I posted numerous times with no response but a couple even tried free food, Angel tickets, drink etc.:dontknow::dontknow: I guess 5 is better than nothing what a shame. I bet Laker tickets would work but I will keep those for special times and will PM those members when they come up.

I'm still in except the last weekend in March got to go fishing and BBQ Lobster.

#26 ·
I was looking at a map and I saw a navy ship or museum is there a ship you can tour just wondering?

#27 ·
I'm in the same proverbial boat I was in the last time we all met up. I rode shotgun with 74 Chick because my Camino wasn't completed. Well, it still isn't, and I haven't heard back from 74 Chick in quite some time. That was a great cruise that Steve arranged, stopping at all the beaches.

#28 ·
I will be passing you I'm in L.A and I can pick you up.:beer::beer:

#30 ·
That's what it was.
thanks

#31 ·
Dang it!!

I really have to check my calendar more often. I'm going to the 65th Anniversary Hot Rod Homecoming Car Show which runs Saturday, 03/23/13 09:00 AM - Sunday, 03/24/13 04:00 PM :let_it_all_out:

They are supposed to have as many of the Hot Rod magazine cover cars as possible, a couple of freinds and I are heading up because we have several friends whove had cover cars over the years, and will be there.

#34 ·
How about we meet at Spanish landing (west) 10 am and then cruise over to Salters 50/50 for lunch 11 am ?? I'll do a drive by this weekend to find out how the parking is and what is needed for our group setting. :beer:

If I find out how to put a map in here I'll do that.

#36 ·
I'm in want me to drive down and check it out tonight???:poke::beer:

Are there any lakes close by maybe I'll stay an extra day and go fishing sense I'm already down there?

#37 ·
My nephew told me about 50/50 I guess it's where car clubs hang out and one of their specials is a peanut butter and jelly burger:dontknow: must be good.:dontknow:

#38 ·
bump

#39 ·
I did a drive by last night. The parking lot is huge, I was there at 5:45PM and there was still more parking. The wait on the other hand was LONG. We did not eat but got some info. Slaters 50/50 opens at 11AM every day and closes at different times. They have a full bar and a menu that will but weight on you just looking at it. Being the dinner hour I was not able to talk to the Manager - too busy. I'll e-mail him today to see if he can do anything for us!!:smileyb:

#40 ·
Sounds good so the date is set for sure? 50/50 sounds good to me.,:nanawrench:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.