El Camino Central Forum banner

Is this NADA guide accurate?

• Yes, within 5-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, within 15-20%

• No, where did they come up with those numbers?

• Priceless

Classic car value guide

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jayachtee 
#1 ·
Check out the value of your ride at NADA Guides - Classic Car . It doesn't have all of the options or is as comprehensive as a modern car value guide, but it should at least get you in the ball park.

What do you think? Take the poll.

#2 ·
I've used NADA in the past and only hope the values are correct! I paid well below the low retail value of $2,494 for it and it was "drivable" but rough.

The original MSRP of the '79s was $5,377 which is just shy of the $6,300 average retail value today. When it's all cleaned up and redone we're talking $9,240 high retail which I hope will be less than what I will have in it.

I wonder what the next ten years will do to these numbers?

A curious note: NADA considers the '79 El Camino a Sedan Pickup and not a Coupe Pickup. Am I missing some doors? :-D

#3 ·
jayachtee said:
A curious note: NADA considers the '79 El Camino a Sedan Pickup and not a Coupe Pickup. Am I missing some doors? :-D
What? You don't remember the rare COPO Sedan pickup door option? Maybe that should be a question on the monthly quiz?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.