El Camino Central Forum banner

1983 Caballero

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  72113 
#1 ·
This is my third EC/Cab. I bought it in July after moving here to Texas. I am just not feeling it, can`t get excited.
It is a 305 (smokes some) 3 speed auto. It has new rear brakes, some new steering parts, new coils and air shocks on rear. Old style (70`s?) rally with rings and caps with new, I mean new, Radial TA white letter 14". Air produces cold air but still have no blower in high switch even with new motor and relay and switch.
It runs decent and seems reliable.
Needs headliner and carpet. Dash has cracks and has black partial cap. Burgundy out and dark brown cloth bench interior. Has some dings but no rust.
It was on a California title when I got it and I truly think it is as solid and dry as any out there. Everything is still under the hood including locked up smog pump.
A great start for any type of project but no power door locks or windows or tilt or cruise. I am just out of ambition.
I think it is worth $6000 based on how rust free it seems to be.
Will talk $ or may trade.
PM me with e-mail and I will send pictures. JP Jenny

#6 ·
Title Issues?

Who said anything about title issues? It has a blue Texas title licensed as an Antique. Runs and drives. Just did compression test.
5 cylinders checked 145.

1 checked 148

2 of them 150.

Needs valve stem seals.

Needs headliner and carpet.

if some one is interested now is the time before I go any farther on it I will deal.

I will try to get photos in my garage.

JP

#11 ·
Update

Had local shop install 416 HO heads, rear main seal, all gaskets.
Front, rear and shifter shaft trans seals.

Clean and paint engine and trans.

Install Gray Bow Tie Engine Dress Up.

Clean and paint front chassis and under hood.

Headliner, visors and gauges.

Charge A/C.

Buffed Paint.

Will be at Conroe Swap on 5/20 at $9500.

If it sells OK.

If not, on to Buckets, Floor Shift and Console.

I`m liking her better each day.

JP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.