El Camino Central Forum banner

Almost decision time for some new rims

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  number9 
#1 ·
My first elky had these on it and I loved the way it looked... When I bought my second elky I thought it was a no brainer that eventually I would buy these again... I like the old school look of them...

but then I saw these and they have the old school feel with a little newer look...

See less See more
#3 ·

X2

#8 ·
They seem to be only available in 15" or 17"... a 16" would of been ideal... not sure how well the 17" will fit... i guess my options are 15"x8" all around or maybe 17"x7" in front / 17"x8" in back...

#9 ·
Stay with the 15 I had 18's look great but not a nice ride I felt a real big difference just between 16 irocs I now have and 18's I took off because of the ride. I didn't have any rubbing with the 18x8 zero offset.

#11 ·
I had the first type for almost 20 years on mine. Still looks great on a traditional looking elco, but were starting to look out of place with my modern body mods. I,d say the second choice has a lot of what 's classic about the first choice , but with a little update. They still have enough material in the design to not show what's behind them as much as most other modern wheels do, which is a good thing if you don't have a bunch of money dumped in brakes & suspension components.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.