El Camino Central Forum banner

LT1 Corvette valve covers for '87 350.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  starstream 
#1 ·
I have a set of aluminum cast valve covers from a '92 LT1 Corvette. Anyone know if they will fit a standard GM 350 crate motor for a '87 Elky. Oil fill, PVC and vent pipe hole locations are not important, can machine holes as needed. Primarily concerned with rocker arm clearance, and it appears as if the center hold down bolts holes (4) will match up fine. These covers should look great!! :)

#2 ·
I can't imagine why they wouldn't fit. Your rockers should be similar. If there's a PCV valve in the Vette rocker covers you should be able to use the Vette PCV, with plain hose to connect it if the molded hose from your car is too different. And I think the rubber grommet that seals the PCV to the rocker cover is sold separately.

#3 ·
If your using standard GM self aligning rockers, and centerbolt heads and the Vette valve covers are also centerbolt, you will have no problems. If you switch to full roller rockers they will more than likely hit depending on which brand they are, most brands do.

#4 ·
LT1 valve covers.........

LT1 valve covers fit fine. Required machining new hole for PCV valve and installing interior "doghouse" to prevent sucking oil out of cover interior. Required new rubber grommet's for stand pipe and PCV............gives great appearance, for a custom look! :)

Thank's for the input!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.