El Camino Central Forum banner

85 Elco Center Console Ideas

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  REMYLINE ELKY 
#1 ·
Ok Guy's I have made the decision to install a console in my 85 Elco. I really don't know what would look the best so I was wondering if anyone out there has done this? If so can you post up and maybe show some Pix of the install. It's tough trying to picture this set up in your mind when at the Bone yard.....
Thanks

#2 ·
here is one you might like

The mid 90s S-10 and S-10 Blazer works well, all of that series, Bravada, etc look similar and fit well . not expensive plus many are out there that don't have the floor shift hole so they look right in an El Camino with the colum gear selector. Take a look on page five of the gallery to see what mine looks like. "Texas Pride" they are very easy to adapt to fit. Harald K. :texas:

#10 ·
The mid 90s S-10 and S-10 Blazer works well, all of that series, Bravada, etc look similar and fit well . not expensive plus many are out there that don't have the floor shift hole so they look right in an El Camino with the colum gear selector. Take a look on page five of the gallery to see what mine looks like. "Texas Pride" they are very easy to adapt to fit. Harald K. :texas:
Man Harald I have to give it to you. That is a nice interior job on that Elco. Just inspired me to do the dang thing lol

#3 ·
Hello Harold, Well I'll be darned that is a Home run! That looks very nice Harold in fact so nice that it is without a doubt the way I want to go for sure! What are you running for a trans? I have a real nice 700r4 that I was going to mate with a floor shift but this looks much easier to do? I believe that shift works makes a column shift kit also? Now all I have to do is find one that is red like the one you have and I am Good to go!

#4 · (Edited)
I want that center console,instead of trying to piece together the expensive,original style parts to one I have now! Any particular year of the 90's S-10? Also,tell me more about your bucket seats! I have Monte buckets now,& they arent that comfortable. Thanks!:beer:

#5 ·
Harald, that looks pretty sharp. I'm planning on replacing my split bench with a pair of 2000 Grand Prix leather buckets this fall. The S-10 console like you have would go well with them and complete the factory GM look just fine. Looks like I have an excuse to go back to the boneyard.:nanawrench:

#6 ·
i have a 81 with a center console shifter and buckets and ralley dash from a olds cutlass. looks like a easy swap as i said this was done b 4 igot the car but looks factory. shoukl b cheap at your local salvage yard, hope this helps woody plz pm 4 more info

#11 ·
#13 ·
4 dollar walmart cup hold/cd tray :nanawrench:. I still have the bench seat so it works great for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.