Master Wrench

Name: Chris Nelson
Year: 1986
Model: El Camino SS
Region: 6 (FL)
NECOA #: 16658
Chris Nelson will become famous soon enough
Default 2017 super chevy dates

I just got an email from PBIR , April 21-22 ,2017 , Super Chevy show , I will need a lot of info & apology before I go back next year . I'll leave it up to the club if you want to return . BBQ ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Bob alias Whip
Year: 1985
Model: El Camino
NECOA #: 24092
Whip 44 has a spectacular aura about
Garage

I got the e-mail also. Before I even consider it, I would want to know from Super Chevy what other venues PBIR will be hosting on those dates.
I never got any response from Super Chevy to my dissatisfaction with the way the show was run last year. If it is going to be any thing like last year, I would just as sooner get a root canal. The BBQ at twisted's was the best part of the day. I am with Chris as to what y'all want to do. Plenty of time toll then.

Last edited by Whip 44; 12-03-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Loose Nut

Name: Aaron Clark
Year: 1978
NECOA #: 66273
aaronclar will become famous soon enough

This was PBIR's response to Josh on Facebook, after complaining about parking and no tents.

Thanks for attending this year. We apologize for the layout and have already started planning a new layout with much more room next year. We are will have an area for tents and putting the racers on the Road Course to create more room for the car show. We will also have it laid out where anyone will be able to leave if they need to. Being that this was the first year in the new layout we have a definite room for improvement. Give us another chance next year and you will see the difference along with all of the concerns of the participants addressed and being put into action.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Garage

Thanks Aaron
Well at least that's a little more encouraging.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Deputy National Director - Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member

Administrator
Master Wrench

Name: Randy
Year: 1987
Model: Diablo
NECOA #: 15623
rtatwk has a brilliant future
Garage

Will have to corner Donnie and some of the Southeast Rod guys at the COD Show weekend for any inside info available. Their guys have always been hired to handle the show setup and parking. I won't make a decision before that, or on anything like a "Please give us a chance?" from PBIR or that TEN that owns Super Chevy now. Just IMHO the days of Super Chevy showing us (NECOA) the love went away with Campisano. We are only another paid entrant to them. Magazine coverage Ha! I will not be renewing that either BTW.

Just my early
Old 12-03-2016, 08:48 PM

Master Wrench

Name: Scott, Mino81
Year: 1981
NECOA #: 24009
twistedirishman will become famous soon enough
Garage

Well the Twisted Estate is sold and my new place is much smaller with no parking, so no BBQ at my place who's next???? I hope Super Chevy works out the kinks.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Director Region 6 (FL)

Master Wrench

Name: Lenny
NECOA #: 5891
Lenny Carey is a jewel in the rough

Email was lacking in details of exactly what and how they were going to improve/correct the mess at last year`s show but hopefully we will find out at some point . My opinion on why everyone was crunched together last year was so the track owner could increase their $ by running the road course at the same time , which booted the car show over to the noisy , dirty pit area . From what I understand , the track owners ( PBIR ) , have the final say of the set up as they own the track . Super Chevy Show is owned by the television channel ( Velocity ? ) and Super Chevy Magazine provides magazine coverage . If this is not correct , let us know so we have a clearer idea . Regardless , I will continue my S.C. Magazine . While the El Camino does not get the coverage of say the Camaros , they are the best for highlighting the El Caminos more than any other magazine I see . Just last month they featured a 5 page story on a 5 th Gen Camino . Hopefully their coverage will be much better than last year`s coverage of the show . I would encourage any of you to again contact the thee parties involved for some answers as we get closer to the show dates . We can talk about it and decide for ourselves if we attend as a group . We are proud that we have won the Best Club Participation Award ( I think ) , 6 out of the last 7 years ?
Old 12-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtatwk View Post
Will have to corner Donnie and some of the Southeast Rod guys at the COD Show weekend for any inside info available. Their guys have always been hired to handle the show setup and parking. I won't make a decision before that, or on anything like a "Please give us a chance?" from PBIR or that TEN that owns Super Chevy now. Just IMHO the days of Super Chevy showing us (NECOA) the love went away with Campisano. We are only another paid entrant to them. Magazine coverage Ha! I will not be renewing that either BTW.

Just my early
South East Rod and Custom didn't do the Super Chevy Show at PBIR 2016. Maybe they should hire them back.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Garage
Default Super Chevy Show is Back e-mail today

I am sure y'all got the same e-mail today.

The Original Super Chevy Show is back and bigger than ever, expanded to an 8-stop tour this year! This series is the premier destination for all things Chevrolet and you won’t want to miss a minute. There will be multiple classes of drag racing with cash prizes, a swap meet where you can find that hard to locate part or widget you didn’t know you had to have, a Chevrolet focused performance market place, and the largest collection of Chevrolet vehicles in one place from classics to Gen 6 Camaros all looking to take home the best in class award and a coveted Super Chevy Show jacket. Yep, that’s right, they’ve brought back jackets for the best-in-class winners!

We are April 21-22 at PBIR
Old 12-06-2016, 04:53 PM

Master Wrench

Year: 1971
NECOA #: 7157
FL Kymino will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip 44 View Post
I am sure y'all got the same e-mail today.

The Original Super Chevy Show is back and bigger than ever, expanded to an 8-stop tour this year! This series is the premier destination for all things Chevrolet and you wonít want to miss a minute. There will be multiple classes of drag racing with cash prizes, a swap meet where you can find that hard to locate part or widget you didnít know you had to have, a Chevrolet focused performance market place, and the largest collection of Chevrolet vehicles in one place from classics to Gen 6 Camaros all looking to take home the best in class award and a coveted Super Chevy Show jacket. Yep, thatís right, theyíve brought back jackets for the best-in-class winners!

We are April 21-22 at PBIR

I don't care how many stops they make, just want this one improved. The swap meet is marginal,and NPD had more Chevy's. But glad they are addressing the issues.
I'll probably give it another chance.
Hard to match the Mayor or Twisted BBQ'S, but we will evolve.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Garage

Went on the Super Chevy Web Site today and this is the award list for the PBIR show Apr.21 2017.They listed what awards will be given at our show, but they don't give a list for the Memphis Show. If you remember last year they gave out something like 128 awards in Memphis and 20 some at PBIR. ?

This is how they List the Memphis awarda
Car / Truck Show SPECIAL AWARDS
Car & Truck Show Judging Begins – CLASS AWARDS
Car / Truck Show - CLASS AWARDS

Car Show Classes Palm Beach International Raceway 2017

Editor’s Choice (4 awards)
ISCA Award
Outstanding Paint
Outstanding Interior
Outstanding Engine
Engine Swap (Chevy into a non GM Platform)
Best Club Participation
Best Chevelle*
Best El Camino*
Best Monte Carlo*
Best Nova*
Best Truck*
Best Street Rod*
Best Pontiac*
Best Cadillac*
Best Buick*
Best Oldsmobile*
Best of Show*
Best Gold Class*
Best Camaro*
Best Pro Street*
Best Tri Five (1955-1956-1957)*
*Best of Winners Receive exclusive Original Super Chevy Show Jacket

Last edited by Whip 44; 02-22-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:00 PM

Administrator
Master Wrench

Garage

Not impressed. I'm still at if nobody goes, they will get the picture or just get out of it my self. But if enough want to risk it I will take the risk too. Would have been there for the fiasco of last year too except the place carved out of my schnoz wasn't quite healed. Lucky to have missed it I suppose, and never did get my refund. I'll just leave it at that for now. You all talk it up as you will.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Director Region 6 (FL)

Master Wrench

Name: Lenny
NECOA #: 5891
Lenny Carey is a jewel in the rough

I will be attending and hope you will also . They have promised to change things from last year fiasco , so I hope we will give them a chance and attend . This has been a great time for us and winning the " Best Club Participation Award 6 times shows you love it too
Old 02-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Garage

I am sure you all got this e-mail today. I am with Lenny on this. I will try it again if you all are willing. At least it looks like they moved us back over where we were before. That is if that was turn 9 of the road course in the past.

JUPITER, Florida (February 23, 2017) - On April 21-22, Palm Beach International Raceway and The Enthusiast's Network will come together to host the second stop of the 31st Annual Original Super Chevy Show tour. Beginning at Memphis International Raceway, the tour will travel to eight race tracks across the United States. Competition classes at PBIR will include Box, No Box, Junior Dragster and a Street Car Challenge trophy class.

In addition to racing competition, Lewis Ponzini will manage a car show, located on turn nine of the PBIR Road Course, featuring some of the best General Motors cars from across the state of Florida and Harry "The Hat" Laplatte will manage the swap meet and car corral for used items only.

Racer entry for Box is $65, No Box is $55, Junior Dragster is $35 and Street Car Challenge is $25. Car show entry is $20 car and driver if preregistered and $30 on site. 2-Day swap meet entry is $40.

Adult Spectator tickets are $15 for Friday, $20 for Saturday. Junior (13-15) are $10, Children (6-12) are $5 and 5 & under are free.

Preregister for your race class, car show or swap meet or purchase your tickets here!

For more information, please visit www.RacePBIR.com or follow us on Facebook.com/RacePBIR and @RacePBIR on Instagram and Twitter.

For more information, contact:

Jacob Stout
Palm Beach International Raceway
Supervisor of Events
(561) 578-5631
jstout@racepbir.com
Old 02-23-2017, 05:10 PM

Administrator
Master Wrench

Garage

I got an email from Super Chevy Shows yesterday evening...It was advertisement for Rock Auto. With what Whip just posted I am even less impressed at any so called efforts to make it better. Lewis Ponzini will manage a car show, located on turn nine of the PBIR Road Course Swap meet in the same place?

Turn 9 is from the end of the barricade and fence where we always parked and around where the main tent, Chevy High Performance, Duracell etc were on or at the edge of the pavement. Also the gate we go in and out of. Any grass parking there is a bowl below turn 10 and behind what was the usual spot. They wanted to move us up around there under turn 10 for Sunday in 2014 when we were covered up with all of the new gen Camaros between us and the drag strip. I insisted that they move them instead, as did Jay. Donnie and the SER bunch working the show had the respect for another good participating group, so we got to park in our regular place and all in the front row for Sunday. The 'Enthusiast Network' must not be counting on any large turnout for a car show this year as it appears (in print). Or they are just going to cram everyone into some spot by order of arrival such as the pit area parking last year perhaps .

So as above, I am not impressed, not the least bit enthusiastic for any kind of 'better' event, and I will not make plans to attend at his point. Not even if it was free. At least it is certain that the 'show' is Friday and Saturday from the email. I'm just not reading anything there about making things better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Postal Code
Required
Street Address
Complete, verifiable Street or other address required (Hidden)
City
Your city or town
State or Province
Required
Location area within State
Which selection best describes the area of the State that you live in.
Country
Required
NECOA Region
Required
Year of Vehicle
Required
Make of Vehicle
Required
Model of Vehicle
Required
Real Name
Required. Your real name to be shown in your posts and profile.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.