Complete PDF on your El Camino

23K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Spam7226 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
I couldn't believe how detailed that was.:nanawoot::nanawoot:

#4 ·
I pulled up my 87 and it was nothing like the 69 it had everything.:dontknow:

#9 ·
I downloaded ALL of the various pdf's about 1-1/2 yrs ago but don't recall them looking that clear. I wonder if they cleaned up some of the scans?

checking...nope, spot check shows mostly good scans but some definitely need work.

I think Robert should submit for a stickie in the How-To section for this. I may burn all of them to a cd and have it available at Belton.:banana:

#10 ·
Thanks I just ran into it so I'm glad it helps.:banana:

#11 ·
bump

#13 · (Edited)
#19 ·
I'm restoring a '68 SS to all original and wanted the widest 14" tire with a red line that could have come from the factory. Everyone that I checked with was saying the F70 was the widest available, except Coker Tire, who said that the G70 was available.

I felt I needed more than just one G70 reference so was very pleasantly surprised to run across this website a couple of years ago. It shows that in '68, for the SS El Camino only (not SS Chevelle), the stock tire was a G70-14 with a "special red stripe." (A G70-14 with a "special white stripe" was available as an option (PX9).)

This GM Heritage Center website has been a good resource for me.

Greg

#21 ·
It wouldn't matter if they listed Caballero or not everything in the PDF would apply to a GMC vehicle except for the badging and maybe a couple other items - They are both GM vehicles one just happens to be an El Camino and the other a Caballero. Build Sheets and Dealer Invoices and RPO Codes would help more than just the PDF. I have a parts and illustration manual and the cover says GMC Caballero and everything in it covers my El Camino. Maybe GM left it out by mistake in the PDF.

Did you find your build sheet or get your dealers invoice at Christmas time like you said? Until you get those things you have a Caballero laying in wait to be a Diablo. Hope it turns out good for ya. Keep on Truckin.

Gene and Smokey

#22 ·
I know Trust me Im just crawling out of my hole.
But I will be sprinting in no time.
I actualy traded off the cash last weekend for a set of 15 inch 295 50 slicks on
craigs list drove 20 miles to pick them up . got them mounted on the car and same day they blew up LOL.
Maybe I need the dealers list to break the Diablo curse.LOL
Murfys Law kinda going on.
All of a sudden its raining Elki parts cars around me too.
So my heads spinning.
If it doesnt snow Ill have plenty of overtime to cover it all .LOL
Another Elki might be given to me lol.
Then Ill need Another dealers invoice LOL
The theres a sky blue with a black hardtop 72 ss round gauges
that needs a little engine work with a match number 454
premo body faded paint and their pushing to unload it cheap.
So Im trying to pick my fight ,LOL.:rose:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.