El Camino Central Forum banner

Heater control panel

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bdbaggr 
#1 ·
So, I have just about finished installing my ac delete kit. Now that I have removed all of the AC components, its seems silly to keep the AC control panel in the car. Can I just install a panel from a model that didnt have AC, and if so, is it just remove the old one and install the new one, or is there different wiring, etc that I need to worry about? Also, if so, where do you think I could find one. The junkyards out here suck for my 77.

#2 ·
if you can find one the non ac control panel should be a direct swap, if you don't mind my asking, where did you get the delete kit?, what all came with it? i have been considering deleting the ac on my 77, i don't use it and it would free up a lot of space under the hood/dash, and make a spot for a second alternator. i was intending to just make a new heater/blower plenum and get rid of the monster box under the hood, but if i can find something premade i might prefer to go that way.

#5 ·
im in need of a part inside the control panel, the lever stuck so i took apart the heater/ac controls and found a semi round plastic gear that separated and locks the levers up. if you have an assembly in working order let me know and ill buy it from you. im having trouble locating an exploded view to identify the exact part. thanks! tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.