El Camino Central Forum banner

center console

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  80beingbuilt 
#1 ·
Where do I get the center console? the interior a brownish color dark. Can I just buy the whole console as one thingor must a purchase numerous parts? where can I get it?

#2 ·
Ebay is your only prayer. Consoles aren't available anymore from anywhere I know of. I paid over $200 for mine on ebay and it wasn't even that nice! Good Luck! -Matt

#5 ·
elcaminoss.com has a fiberglass reproduction console for $149, and the lid for an additional $89. You will have to make the brackets for it, and cut out for shifter. I wish they made that when I was doing my interior! -Matt

#6 ·
I agree with the other member that suggested ebay. I looked at the Honest Charley console at a swap meet a few weeks ago. It's a fiberglass shell that seems a bit stiffer. You must cut out the shifter opening and rig up your own mounting to the floor.

#8 ·
console

Hello: The console can be from any 78 to 87 El Camino or Monte Carlo..Monte carlo is the best bet. They are still out there in bone yards from time to time, but if you are not first on the scene it will be gone, trust me. You will need to get the brackets from the donor car also, measure their location when you do. If you are going to have a auto floor shifter installed the front of the console mounts to the shifter bracket, so all the parts must align properly. If you are not going to use an auto floor shifter but say a manual floor shifter or no floor shifter the front console bracket is verrrrrry difficult to find, but not difficult to fabricate. The console doors are still avaliable from GM, come in black only. No matter what color you need , get whatever color you can get. Change the color of your console with SEM products color paint avaliable at auto refinishing supply houses for $10.00 a spray can. I find SEM paint matches perfectly, but please purchase some SEM plastic prep before painting and follow directions to the letter. Visit their web site for any refinishing details
Darryl...I got one i'll sel for $200, no lid, no ash tray, just console. Fair condition

#9 ·
Team,

This one is easy --there are tons of them out there for sale try---http://www.montecarloss.com/---they are on here all the time under the parts session-------if not try some of our vendors Rick at ECParts ---or Stephen at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot ---they are sure to have what u need

Pete NYC

#10 ·
I found mine (its out of a early 90s olds mid size) by doing a used auto parts search and then checking each website for the salvage yards for center counsel. I used junkyard dog.com a lot when I first started putting mine back together. I got the complete counsel,shifter and cable from washington state for 90.00plus shipping. That was about 18 months ago but a little research pays off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.