El Camino Central Forum banner

Speakers in kick panels?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  a73elkyss 
#1 ·
Hey

A while ago I stumbled across a company that had kick panels with molded speaker mounts. I forget the company's name, so if anyone knows what I mean could you please tell me the name. Also, has anyone ever used them?

#5 ·
I purchased a set for my 85 from either Q-Logic or ProForm, can't remember who because they were so overpriced and chintzy (sp) that I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. They are thin ABS plastic, black, and are a flush mount fit, i.e., they don't have the the lip that fits under the sill plate or goes over the spot-welded seam. They do give you a piece of material to cover the seam. I modified mine by adding the lip from my old kick panels and had them covered at my local upholstery shop. If I had it to do over I'd make my own. BTW you have to bend the parking brake out of the way using, they say, two cresent wrenches, no way. I had to remove the parking brake assembly and have it modified by my welder friend.

#6 ·
You know something? Just my 2 cents worth, but the more I'm thinking about it, I'm going to stick with the two speakers in the dash. They are closer to me ears and will probally give a better "balance".
What year is your Elky? And do you have a place to put in speakers on the right and left side, not just those old "center mono" speakers?

#8 ·
Hey Cold. How are doing?

I was not sure what year or gen "Malice in Wonderland" had or needed. I looked in his profile, but it didn't give any indication to what kind of elky he had.

I've seen those kick panel speaker from OPG. I think those are Custom Autosound also. Have you ever heard them??? Any good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.