El Camino Central Forum banner

Drag Racing El caminos.....post some pics!!

18K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  BOOSTED-SS-ELKY 
#1 ·
Im just wondering, theres a lot of El Camino owners on this site and a lot of really nice lookin elkys, just wonderin if anyone drag races theirs?
im buildin mine for the 1/4 mile.....if anyones got one that they drag race, lets see them...post pics of them up...

love seein el caminos at the drag strip :cool:

#2 ·
I've posted too many pics on here and my album isnt even updated! lol. If you look on October on the '07 calender you'll see mine!

BUT!!! I have taken mine and did 3 passes down @ Famoso Race way on 6/23/06 in 115 degree weather! My best pass was a .464 R/T and a 16.323 1/4 mile time! My R/T sucked but it happened to be my best pass. I dont have any pics of BEING out there...just a video thats on tape... Its funny a newer AMG pulled 13.005 1/4 sucked! lol

When I return to the track I'll run a way better time. I have better gripping tires. And plus with the slight tuning ive done to my edelbrock, all the MSD upgrades too. It should run high 15's next time I run!

-Anduh

#4 ·
I go to a local track a lot, I'm not generally racing the Elky but I have had it on the track several times. I usually get out on Wednesday's when the track has it's Test-N-Tune nights. My last run was 10. something. I busted a THM 350 on that night. It snapped all the way around the bell housing and twisted under the Elky, Talk about a mess on the track. I felt really embarrassed it shut the track down for about an hour.

I like hot nights/evenings. The grip on the track gets better. I will say 115 is pretty high temps. I haven't had it out since I added my LockRite locker or the 3.73:1 gears. I look forward to getting out this year. We have a dragster we race AA/FA and it's really quick, freaky actually it's generally in the 4.5s or 5s. 23 bucket. "You can't live on the edge if you're scared of getting cut!" Now that has a nice small block in it. GM 6/71 Blower, enderly injection, Fab 9" rear, locker 4.56:1. We just had the Torque Converter recurved to a better stall speed. We did a few mods on the little monster over the off season. NASCAR has changed some rules and we'll have to change some parts of the roll cage.

#6 ·
They always put them (Tracks) out in the back woods so the uppity bunch don't cop an attitude. Which actually, in the spring and summer times, it's not half bad at night there.

I really like being at the track, watching all the folks prep and mess with their cars and trucks, even the ricer bunch with their little fart cans are busy trying to make the engine produce enough torque to tighten the Lug nuts on a real car. They sound a little like a bee going down the track. Makes you want to carry a fly swatter around with you. I've seen some drag bikes and my goodness they can get down the track quick!!! They're just fast.

Personally, I like it better than sitting around watching a ball game. I've seen some really great looking customs and some that look like they are fixing to fall apart, but they get it!

#7 ·
i agree....i alawys enjoy going to the track, im always there every weekend pretty much because my fathers got a 10 second malibu that he bracket races, i love seein all of the work that goes into a lot of the cars there and thats probably where my el camino will be most of the time when i get my license

and im not a fan of ricers...if you go often youll know why...a lot of the times theres to many of them, most of them run 17s and theyre always leaving oil downs lol

#11 ·
Mama Mayhem said:
I don't have any pictures from the track, but I plan on getting some this year when I go back to Steele and I'm thinking of running Super Chevy at Huntsville in May. My best times in my signature, I hope to get into the 14s this year with the mods I'm making. :driving: :eek:nfire:
cool ..good luck...
were probably going to super chevy in maryland this april..
not with my el camino...my father bracket races his 10 sec malibu..probably bringing that

#13 ·
I cant wait till i move to Sacramento. I've heard Sacramento Race way is one of best 1/4 times you can dial in and one of the better hooking up ones SO ive heard. Being a Wyotech student im sure a lot of us will be out there racing. And belive me... I'll have pics if you know me! lol

The yellow elky ive seen on www.socalcustoms.com and various places. its a nice show car!

-Anduh

#14 ·
Snaggle To0th said:
I cant wait till i move to Sacramento. I've heard Sacramento Race way is one of best 1/4 times you can dial in and one of the better hooking up ones SO ive heard. Being a Wyotech student im sure a lot of us will be out there racing. And belive me... I'll have pics if you know me! lol

The yellow elky ive seen on www.socalcustoms.com and various places. its a nice show car!

-Anduh
Sacramento has some of the best racing and car shows in the u.s. however the area has become a horrible place to live. The crime rates have become unforgiving. Sac. town is becoming the next South Central L.A. personally I'm glad I don't live in the area anymore.

#19 ·
I'd love to show off and include a picture, but am unfamiliar with the process. The image thingy seems to want a web address and mine are on my puter. Help?

Devin

#20 ·
64SS427 said:
I'd love to show off and include a picture, but am unfamiliar with the process. The image thingy seems to want a web address and mine are on my puter. Help?

Devin
Go to photobucket.com and sign up (its free) upload pics to photobucket.com and then copy the IMG link from under the pic and post them into the message box here at ECC. Hope that helps, Daniel

#21 ·
64SS427 said:

Devin
Devin e-mail me one of your best Photos, I'll host it and post it 4 U.

Pete

#23 ·
1 quick 78 said:
I don't have any pics. of my Elky on the track, but I thought I would share some others.

Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!! Drag racing's my favorite sport. It really gets my blood to pumping!

Haven't had mine to the track yet, but it's on the "To-Do" list. Closest track to me is 2.5 hours away, and if I break something I either spend the night or call a wrecker (BIG bucks). Not sure I can afford that kind of risk at the moment, but I sure LOVE the thought of finding out what ole Ruby Rat will do when pushed a little into the "Danger Zone".

Love the thread. Thanks for starting it.

#24 ·
Im just wondering, theres a lot of El Camino owners on this site and a lot of really nice lookin elkys, just wonderin if anyone drag races theirs?
im buildin mine for the 1/4 mile.....if anyones got one that they drag race, lets see them...post pics of them up...
I drag race mine every now and then.
Here is a few videos of my ELKY in action from last year.
enjoy
Speedy 8)
Click on link below to go to my web page. I added three videos.
WEEKEND WARRIOR

#25 ·
speedy said:
I drag race mine every now and then.
Here is a few videos of my ELKY in action from last year.
enjoy
Speedy 8)
Click on link below to go to my web page. I added three videos.
WEEKEND WARRIOR
NICE!!!!....looks like it runs good...nice paint too!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.