El Camino Central Forum banner

Worlds most valuable '59 Chevy? Or just ?????

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Richard/SIA 
#1 ·
Worlds most valuable '59 Chevy, or just an example of having lots more money than sense?
It's not an El Camino, but the guy is still trying to get about a HALF-MILLION bucks for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...oryZ6169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Personally, I would dump the 20" wheels, tires, gauges, steering wheel, and funky chrome trim.
Might replace the headlamps too, other than all that it's not a bad effort.(':lol:')

The more I look at other's efforts the more I want my '59 to at least appear vintage.

#2 ·
I'd agree that it is a beautiful car, and agree that the rims look goofy on it. I surely can't agree with the money. That's insane money for that. Personally, I see no logic in trailer queens, if ya ain't gonna use em, plant flowers in em or something. Although, I wouldn't mind having it, if only to sell, and buy more Elkys.

#4 ·
thats stupid

My offer would be 80 - 120K depending on what it looks like in person. That for a 1/2 million? Hell, you could build that car yourself for 150K or less with a LS7 motor and nice looking wheels. blahh

#6 ·
If I had the money to burn.......

If I had the money to burn I would definitely take the Red Convertible over the "Custom" trailer queen!

There are actually a couple of pretty fair un-restored, rust free, RUNNING, '59 El Camino's up for sale at the moment, at $10K & $11K.

Even if I paid an overpriced shop to do the work I would expect to complete either one of them for no more than another $20K-$25K.

#8 ·
Highest offer was $20,000. Show cars have to be about.......

Highest offer was $20,000.
Show cars have to be about expressing your personal vision, my experience is that they are rarely a good investment financially.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.