New Forum for 60th Postings - Page 2 - El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums
El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums

Ground Up
User Name
Password

Old 06-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Master Wrench

Name: Bill L.
Year: 1964
Model: El Camino Classic
Region: 22(CANADA (Ontario and East)
NECOA #: 73706
ELKYBILL will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CHEVY View Post
x3,,,,just my 2 cents.
X4!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Gale and his cats
Year: 1970
Model: El Camino
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 38617
Old Bear has a brilliant future
Garage

I won't be able to make it Central US.
However here is an idea.
Texas Motor Speedway has NASCAR events in early November.
Possibly combine with them for a Friday night Camping World Truck Series. Tix for 2017 might be able to be obtained for $25 (up to hundreds). Could you negotiate special parking in their "Party Pad Area"? http://texasmotorspeedway.boxoffice-...ck-Series#open

Tougher to schedule and more expensive, yet Sat night is XFinity Series and Cup Series on Sunday.

It looks like there are mid April events too. However, they have experienced some rain delays.

Last edited by Old Bear; 06-08-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:59 AM

Master Wrench

Name: Paul and Sharon
Year: 1982
Model: El Camino SS
Region: 6 (FL)
NECOA #: 43154
PaulC will become famous soon enough

Sharon and I would go to the event where ever it is but may not take our elky. We have been to many International meets with Late Great Chevy. They move around to different locations every year with a host club of the region.
A great chance to meet elky owners from all over. It is a big under taking so
you need a big group of regional members. Host club would need to have all
sorts of seminars and activities planned.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Mike Alleman
Year: 1969
Region: 14(AR,LA,MS)
NECOA #: 47721
UBER SS will become famous soon enough
Garage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Winner

Master Wrench

Year: 1969
NECOA #: 3484
skinyfisher has a brilliant future
Garage

Really late getting in on this have been unable to do any outside interests will try now.

I sure hope this comes together in a manor that pleases all but that is not likely so with that in mind the location will be way to fare for most, no matter where it is held. My first thought is place the show near the most active regions and have two or three meets, if it is placed in the middle of the country the distance is still to great. Also I suggest it is hooked and blessed by a large existing event that will back the NECOA event by providing reserved and adequate space to park or show within a show. Using an existing event provides a location of interest and spectators that will come and share the days along with providing additional interest for the NECOA group for the 2 days needed for this 60th event, and I believe it should be a two day event.

This could be a great meet and some really fun caravans

El Chromeo is a "69" SS 396/350 HP with a stock outside, stock underside, stock inside and a splash of chrome and polish in the engine area.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Director Region 22

Master Wrench

Name: Don
Year: 1987
NECOA #: 14011
MR.CHEVY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinyfisher View Post
Really late getting in on this have been unable to do any outside interests will try now.

I sure hope this comes together in a manor that pleases all but that is not likely so with that in mind the location will be way to fare for most, no matter where it is held. My first thought is place the show near the most active regions and have two or three meets, if it is placed in the middle of the country the distance is still to great. Also I suggest it is hooked and blessed by a large existing event that will back the NECOA event by providing reserved and adequate space to park or show within a show. Using an existing event provides a location of interest and spectators that will come and share the days along with providing additional interest for the NECOA group for the 2 days needed for this 60th event, and I believe it should be a two day event.

This could be a great meet and some really fun caravans
This is why I thought Carlisle would be a good spot , in 2009 for the 50th we had alot of members there at the G.M. NATIONALS . Again just a thought.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Master Wrench

Name: Bill L.
Year: 1964
Model: El Camino Classic
NECOA #: 73706
ELKYBILL will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CHEVY View Post
This is why I thought Carlisle would be a good spot , in 2009 for the 50th we had alot of members there at the G.M. NATIONALS . Again just a thought.
A good thought for me....only 8 hours away!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:04 PM

Master Wrench

Name: Scott, Mino81
Year: 1981
NECOA #: 24009
twistedirishman will become famous soon enough
Garage

My concern would be if we tie our event with another event there would be less hotel rooms available and also drive up the cost of said rooms. Also our event could be so big no one will have time to do another event. I don't know about shows in other parts of the country, but here in Fla I think of Turkey Rod Run you can walk easy 5 miles a day for two days and you might see it all. Point is I, "again" I would be to tired to even think about doing something else other than have a cold one doing some bench racing maybe. Take a hot shower and hit the rack get ready for day two. But that's me.
Imagine if this thread was never started asking for our opinions on putting on this event. and instead just a invite was posted to the worlds largest El Camino gathering on such & such date and such & such time for the 60th anniversary would you not just try and go?
Just my opinions here and we all know what they say about opinions.

Last edited by kenrogers1; 06-10-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Unnecessary verbs and nouns, others............
Old 06-10-2017, 05:00 AM
Director Region 22

Master Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedirishman View Post
My concern would be if we tie our event with another event there would be less hotel rooms available and also drive up the cost of said rooms. Also our event could be so big no one will have time to do another event. I don't know about shows in other parts of the country, but here in Fla I think of Turkey Rod Run you can walk easy 5 miles a day for two days and you might see it all. Point is I, "again" I would be to tired to even think about doing something else other than have a cold one doing some bench racing maybe. Take a hot shower and hit the rack get ready for day two. But that's me.
Imagine if this thread was never started asking for our opinions on putting on this event. and instead just a invite was posted to the worlds largest El Camino gathering on such & such date and such & such time for the 60th anniversary would you not just try and go?
Just my opinions here and we all know what they say about opinions.
Well said , I stink um think,think. But we were asked our opinion because a location and time could not be decided and even if it was held at Carlisle doesn't mean we have to see every thing there ,I would just concentrate on our show /get together and what we are doing . Also they have electric golf carts to help some of us get around on the grounds, I know because I would be one of them . As for hotels if there was enough of us you can work out a special discount/group rate with some hotels . Also the cost for Canadian members at $1.40 exchange , need I say more . Regards to all , Don

Last edited by kenrogers1; 06-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:43 AM
National Director

Administrator
Master Wrench

Name: Ken Rogers
Year: 1968
Region: 13(TX)
NECOA #: 12751
kenrogers1 has a reputation beyond reputekenrogers1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up A Decision in Nearing.......

I do not want to throw a wet blanket over any discussion about the 60th Anniversary celebration, and I certainly do not want to say anything that would make any member think this event is not doable for them or their friends. The good news for our membership is that we have 2 years to plan for attending what will be a truly historic gathering of like-minded owners/collectors of El Caminos. The bad news for leadership is that we have only 2 years to get this right, and getting it right is to be as inclusive of as many members as possible while still bringing as many El Caminos and owners as possible to the event. That is part of what the steering committee has discussed, and I have to say that's what will be factored into my ultimate decision. There will be members disappointed no matter where the event is located - I realize that - but it will be one location. We can organize regional, or East, West, North, or South events in any calendar year, but this is a chance to organize a truly National event that will be a once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable experience for many of us. And being able to save for two years for such an event makes a trip achievable for many more members than an event that pops up in a few weeks or months.................Ken

"El Caminos Do NOT Leak oil - They Mark Their Territory!" (Courtesy 69 SS396)

See my '68 SS
Old 06-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Director Region 22

Master Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrogers1 View Post
I do not want to throw a wet blanket over any discussion about the 60th Anniversary celebration, and I certainly do not want to say anything that would make any member think this event is not doable for them or their friends. The good news for our membership is that we have 2 years to plan for attending what will be a truly historic gathering of like-minded owners/collectors of El Caminos. The bad news for leadership is that we have only 2 years to get this right, and getting it right is to be as inclusive of as many members as possible while still bringing as many El Caminos and owners as possible to the event. That is part of what the steering committee has discussed, and I have to say that's what will be factored into my ultimate decision. There will be members disappointed no matter where the event is located - I realize that - but it will be one location. We can organize regional, or East, West, North, or South events in any calendar year, but this is a chance to organize a truly National event that will be a once-in-a-lifetime, unforgettable experience for many of us. And being able to save for two years for such an event makes a trip achievable for many more members than an event that pops up in a few weeks or months.................Ken
I agree ,thanks Ken for the the clarification or consensus if I can use those terms. where ever/ when ever I will be there with or without EL...Don
Old 06-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Director Region 18 Participating Member

Master Wrench

Year: 1959
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 19689
Mr. Fin is just really nice
Garage

I personally would like to see this event be an ECC only event. If it would be too small to gain national attention, I would rather see a show in the west and one in the east to allow the biggest member turn out as possible.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Deputy Director Region 14, NECOA Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Gene
Year: 1978
Region: 14(AR,LA,MS)
NECOA #: 14697
elcaminogeno has a spectacular aura about
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrogers1 View Post
I agree, Thanks.

Gene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Postal Code
Required
Street Address
Complete, verifiable Street or other address required (Hidden)
City
Your city or town
State or Province
Required
Location area within State
Which selection best describes the area of the State that you live in.
Country
Required
NECOA Region
Required
Year of Vehicle
Required
Make of Vehicle
Required
Model of Vehicle
Required
Real Name
Required. Your real name to be shown in your posts and profile.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.