El Camino Central Forum banner

Wanted

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  old goat 
#1 ·
Looking for rear bumper (has guards) impact strips for 1985 El Camino. Need the center & right side pieces. Can use full strip and cut or will buy all 3 if necessary as set. Thanks! a newbie : )

#2 ·
When you do find them, be careful about buying reproduction rubber strips for the bumper. I have seen at least 2 posts on here in the past about people buying the reproductions and them not fitting good. Instead of them laying flush against the bumper they are wavey in between the fasteners. One guy who had replied to a post about it said buying original GM replacements was expensive but was just about the only way to go and have it look good.

I remember this because I will be replacing mine eventually.

#5 ·
Found it!

:secret: After looking for about a month I found a GM NOS rear impact strip in the box for $165. including packing & shipping which I will cut into the 3 needed pieces. It was quite the hunt! found after e-mailing almost all states/towns on CL Ads for El Camino parts! But it is brand new and in perfect shape and the guy is also an Elk owner. Thanks for suggestions and info. The search button on this site is better than my Magic Eight Ball! :You_Rock:

#6 ·
Anybody?

Now that I found the nos 1 pc. impact strip I am looking for the best way to get clean cuts across it into 3 pcs.? I know it's marked on the back and still have originals in pretty good condition to compare to. But I,m thinking something along the lines of an old school paper cutter that had the handle on it but on a larger scale! I definitely only want to cut once! thanks! Rick :dontknow:

#7 ·
Now that I found the nos 1 pc. impact strip I am looking for the best way to get clean cuts across it into 3 pcs.? I know it's marked on the back and still have originals in pretty good condition to compare to. But I,m thinking something along the lines of an old school paper cutter that had the handle on it but on a larger scale! I definitely only want to cut once! thanks! Rick :dontknow:
Guillotene?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.