El Camino Central Forum banner

WANTED: 1972, GMC SPRINT GRILL EMBLEM

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gmcwins 
#1 ·
i know this is an el camino site but it never hurts to ask. if anyone knows where i can find one please e-mail me @ justsayno_2imports@yahoo.com
thank you any help will be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Welcome to ECC / NECOA Maas. GMC Sprints are TOTALLY excepted and encouraged on this site. They are like cousins. Blood is thicker than water... you know how it goes. Please take advantage of all ECC / NECOA has to offer.

Anyway, I only see those grill emblems on Ebay now and again. Although, I'll look through some of my catalogs when I get home. I seem to remember one vendor stocking a repro of that emblem.

What year is yours? Any pictures or details?

By the way, I like your email address! 8)

#5 ·
Good luck in your search. It took me over a year and a half of searching to find mine. I emailed every salvage yard I could find and even offered several times to buy one off of a Sprint up for sale.

You'll have better luck looking through Hemming's (the print version) and eBay... not necessarily for the emblem, but for people selling parts off a Sprint. That's when you email them directly asking if they have the emblem. That's how I got mine.

Expect to pay through the nose to get one if the seller is "in the know" or if one goes up for auction on eBay. These grille emblems are not reproduced anywhere.

#7 ·
The on-line salvage yards know they can charge an arm and leg simply because the searchers (us) have gone to great length to find obscure parts, so they hook us for all they can. They know the on-line salvage yards represent the end of the line for us.

#8 ·
thanks

thanks guys for the info. i think it will probibly be my life long quest. lol
my sprint is a 1972 my great grandfather bought it new, and i still have all documents and paper work. ill have pics soon, but ill tell you about it untill then. its primered black lowered with weld pro star wheels "still have orginal hubcaps" with 30x12.50 m/t e.t. streets a criss alston fab 9" with 3.55 and 4.11 gears a th 400 hooked to a 416 s.b. that makes 525 h.p. on pump gas. the exhaust is dual 3" super 40's flowmasters with hooker super comp headders "you know the ones where no plug wire is safe". i kept all the orginal stuff and havn't cut on the car. i took out the orginal sp dash "car isn't an sp just had the dash and cowl hood on it, my dad talked him into ordering it that way" and replaced it with a ss chevelle dask. i installed auto meter gauges in it and a cd player. interior is orginal style black vinal bench seats. it had factory ac that worked if you could belive it but i had to sacrifice because it whouldn't clear the valve covers, not one of my brighter moves. thanks again for all the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.