El Camino Central Forum banner

70 Blower motor hook up and wiper question

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  acauth1 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have 6 quick questions.
I am about to redo the wiring of my 70 El camino 350 auto with A/C. Its the blower motor and wipers turnnow.
I already have the wiring diagrams from
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=27190 , however I am new to this and keep wonder about:
1. Where and how do you hook the blower motor relay?
2. Where do you get the power for the blower motor from? I see it is black but does it go to the fuse box and which fuse if so?
3. My blower motor resistor has 5 prongs, is that normal for that year or the one with 3 prongs is the original. Can I still hook mine up, what do you think?
4. Looking at the diagram for the resistor and heater switch- does it matter to which prong I attach the yellow, orange and Lt blue at each end and if so where exactly should they fit.
5. There is a brown wire coming out of the heater switch. Where does it go?
6. Looking at the wiper motor - it is powered by the black/blue/yellow wire that goes to the wiper fuse. Out of that fuse an orange wire goes to the ignition switch, right?

I see in another diagram there are some numbers before the color of the wire ( like 12/14/16/18) what do they stand for exactly and what number each wire needs to be for the heating system then?

Thank you for looking at that thread and if you can help me i'll be much obliged. I am quite a novice at restoring cars but I am infected with that virus just like you.

Pete

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.