El Camino Central Forum banner

Will you attend?

• Yes, I'll be there (please email Jay Levitan)!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, sorry, can't make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Region 2 Meet & Greet/swap meet/breakfast!

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  a73elkyss 
#1 ·
NECOA Region #2 - New England
Meet & Greet/swap meet /breakfast
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Rain date:April 29, 2006
Lawrence Municipal Airport,
North Andover, MA

Please join us for an informal, early spring get-together of New England El Camino owners. Before the first car shows and cruise nights begin, it would be good for all of us to have an opportunity to shake off the winter dust and warm up our engines a bit. This will be a “come-as-you are” event; you do not have to wash and wax your ride. We especially want all the daily drivers, “beaters,” and works-in-progress to be there so we can all see what is being done, offer advice and input, and encouragement.

New members, please stop by. It's always good to put the names and faces together. :)

This will also be a low-key “swap meet” and we ask everyone to bring along the spare parts and items that you would like to get rid of or put to better use. Price them cheaply enough so that someone can buy them on the spot. Feel free to add to this forum post with items you are bringing.

I would think that the airport would be a nice backdrop for digital pictures. So bring your camera. If you don't have a digital camera, you can have some pictures taken of your ride and if anybody needs help in posting the pictures up to El Camino Central, we can make arrangements for that also.

Members should try to arrive between 9:00 and 10:00. A “diner type breakfast” will be available between 10:30 and 11:00 from Joe’s Landing Café, located right at the airport runway. We are also setting up a guided tour of the FAA Control Tower for those who attend, and possibly a tour of East Coast Aviation’s hanger. We will also try to have one or two “guest” experts attend to offer advice on restorations and finish up around noon-time.

Please let me know if you will be attending. That way we can reserve the proper area for parking and food tables.

Check out Lawerence Airport web site. The airport is located right off Interstate 495, between Rt. 93 and Rt 95 near the NH border of MA. Mapquest 492 Sutton St. North Andover, MA 01845-1505 for directions.

What do you all think? Good idea or what? A big thank you to John Harris for this excellent location idea!

See less See more
#2 ·
i hope

I hope i can attend this with you guys. I still have not made enough money to replace my radiator, starter, and battery. hopefully by then ill have it fixed.

-Dave

#5 ·
Way too far north and east for me; I'm in southwestern CT, bout as far out as I could be :-(

#6 ·
yay

I got a new battery for my elco, so it is now back on the road, the radiator still has a small leak, but it had that same leak all last year so i think ill be able to meet up with you guys. Ill just have to bring some spare radiator fluid. hopefully i can change out the radiator before then. ok ill ttyl

-Dave

#7 ·
hey

are we still on for this saturdays meet? i took it off from work and plan on meeting you guys up there.

#11 ·
MOX-CT said:
It almost sounds like you need a break.
Garry does need a break, but you got to give him props as he is focused and staying "on task" to get his awesome 4th gen done for the summer season.

Keep up the good work Garry and if you do need a break, feel free to come up for a few hours tomorrow. 8)

#12 ·
hey guys

Just wanted to let anyone that is coming tomorow that if you have a spare set of stock hubcaps (the little 5 pointed star with a red chevy bowtie in the middle) i would consider purchasing them if the price isnt too steep.

#13 ·
hey guys

That was a great turnout for a meet! we had 8 elcaminos there. the tour of the control tower was neat, i got some good pics from up there. ill post them later when i find my cord. Thanks again for great deal on those wheels John, i think there going to look good on my elco!

-Dave

#14 ·
Re: hey guys

caspiantiger said:
That was a great turnout for a meet! we had 8 elcaminos there. the tour of the control tower was neat, i got some good pics from up there. ill post them later when i find my cord. Thanks again for great deal on those wheels John, i think there going to look good on my elco! -Dave
Yes, it was a great El Camino day. Good to see everyone after a long winter and catch up with everyone, and nice to meet some new members. We held it as a "Meet and Greet/swapmeet". Throw in a late breakfast and a tour of the flight tower and it turned out great.

We had some "spectators" actually come over and check out our Elco's and chat up a bit. We kinda drew a small crowd. Not to bad for an informal get together.

I made a ECC picture album. If you have other pictures, please add them to this album for all to see.

#15 ·
Meet & Greet

What a great event. Nice area to have an event too. Some really nice Elky's. Of course I especially like the Yellow Sprint GMC, only because it's the same Generation as mine. Actually I liked them all. I added some pics to Jay's folder and in the Gen III, I started my folder with two pics of my project "Resurrection". It was good to meet all of you guys and gals, and children too!!! Thanks for the warm welcome.
Rich

#16 ·
Re: Meet & Greet

MOX-CT said:
I started my folder with two pics of my project "Resurrection". It was good to meet all of you guys and gals, and children too!!! Thanks for the warm welcome.
Rich
Thanks for coming up Rich and Lynn (did I spell that correct?). It is always nice to meet new members. I checked out your pictures of your Elco. That looks great. I like that color and hope you keep the vinyl roof. I'm pretty partial to vinyl roofs on Elco's, but I might be in the minority on that. Hope you can find a frame soon. I'll go dig around for any more 3rd gen parts. I think I have a pair of bumpers, but they need to be rechromed. Good for a driver or a core. I'll dig more.

Keep us updated on your progress. :)

#17 ·
It was great to see our local members after a long winter, as well as meet several new members who joined us for the first time!
Thanks for posting those terrific photos, Jay. We should do this more often, but with more advance notice so our numbers can increase. Perhaps we can do the next one on Boston City Hall Plaza, in the Charlestown Navy Yard, or at the Trolleycar Museum in Kennebunkport (who knows, maybe Pappy Bush and Barbara will come out to our Elkies!)
Maybe at one of the regional speedways or racetracks, too.

Thanks to all who attended!

#18 ·
Hey All, Just checked out the pics from the meet and greet. Nice job with that Jay. Glad they were posted, you folks have some nice looking rides. I wish I could have made the run up there today, and met you all, but I'll be at the next event for sure. The recovery is going extremely well, and I'm up and cruising some in the Elky now. So I look foward to whatever the next event will be. Thanks for sharing the pics.

#19 ·
mgs72elky said:
The recovery is going extremely well, and I'm up and cruising some in the Elky now. So I look foward to whatever the next event will be. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Afternoon Mark. Glad you're feeling a bit better. I knew this one would be a bit far for you. I'm keeping my eye out for shows kinda south. Especially looking for ones with an El Camino class. My wife, Dian, and I are looking forward to meeting you and seeing that fantastic '72 of yours. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.