El Camino Central Forum banner

55/45 bench seat covers

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  PRAMM 
#1 ·
Hello all. I thought I'd pass along some seat cover news for those of you looking for options. I was wanting to retain my split bench seat, but was doing a color change on my interior. The seat covers were original to the car/truck, but were that dark claret/maroon/oxblood and the drivers seat was showing its age, so I started looking around. Several forums mentioned a company called PUI, so I looked their site up. After seeing they didn't offer anything for my application, I sent them an email. I got a reply saying they didn't make them but if I would be willing to send them mine, and if they were in good enough shape, they would use them to make a pattern from. Long story short, I just recieved the prototype set and they are now available. I want to get a professional to install them, and after I get them back I'll offer a review along with some pics.

#3 ·
Seat covers 55/45

John:
Glad to hear you got covers and PUI got the mock up N/C. Wish you had called us, we deal with a company that already made them in OE pattern. Next time you are looking for hard to find parts call or E-Mail us if we don't have we most of the time know were to get it.
Rich M&M Speed

call: 1-888-327-0454, E-Mail at www.mandmspeed.com or mandmspeedcustom@aol.com

#5 ·
John:
Glad to hear you got covers and PUI got the mock up N/C. Wish you had called us, we deal with a company that already made them in OE pattern. Next time you are looking for hard to find parts call or E-Mail us if we don't have we most of the time know were to get it.
Rich M&M Speed

call: 1-888-327-0454, E-Mail at www.mandmspeed.com or mandmspeedcustom@aol.com
Bet you do wish he had contacted you first!:wink1:
But a little competition never hurt anyone and PUI does make a good product and will stand behind it!:beer:

#8 ·
OK, I got the covers on and they look great with 1 exception. The passenger side lole for the seatbelt has a reinforcement sewn in around the hole. For reasons unknown it is white. The seats are black. Go figure. At any rate, the upholstery guy added 1/2 inch of foam and the seats look really good. Posted a few pics on my photobucket page, follow the link in my sig.

#11 ·
Eo split bench seat cover questions

I also want replace my seat covers with OE Pattern covers for my 86. I have a few questions. How can I tell if mine are 60/40 or 55/45? I measured, but calculating it’s very close either way. I found a nearby Upholstery guy that does beautiful work, but he wants my first-born male child to do the job. This is my every day ride, and I'm not looking to spend a fortune, so I plan on doing it myself. Where can I find OE Velour & Vinyl 60/40 or 55/45 Reproduction Covers, good quality at a reasonable price. The El Camino Store has them, but I’ve been advised not to buy from them. I’ve looked all over and don’t see them anywhere else. I’m also replacing the carpet while I have the seats out.

#13 ·
For carpet I've used Stock Interiors, Seneca, SC. they will send you samples up to five for free. I've used them twice and the price was cheaper than local shops wanted. Before I put the carpet down I used some GT Mat sound deadner very good product from Hutto, Texas. I'll be doing my seats early next year. :usa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.