El Camino Central Forum banner

Wiring Diagram for 1970 ElCamino please

24K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  JJLT1 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am new here. I just became the owner of a '70 ElCamino 350/350 car. I was hoping that someone could send a link to a full wiring diagram for my car. Please!!!!!!

UncleGusTurbo

DOHHHH!!!!!! I am sorry for posting a stupid question last night. It was way too late to be sitting here. I just noticed that the wiring diagrams listed second choice is '64-'88 not '64-'68.

Please don't put me in the yellow bus list.

UncleGus

#2 ·
Please don't put me in the yellow bus list.
Any diagram will do that for you, Gus!! :evil:

One prob is that so far, I have found that there are THREE DIFFERENT
Fron wirings. I have TWO '70s, both 350/350 with A/C and both are different 8O 8O 8O

One of the largest Loom re-manufacturer is VERY close to me and when I got the first /70 I visited them as I was having A/C switch and Resistor coil probs. The Lead Tech double checked and offered that the one they already had was different than mine :mad: !!

Got the new one (Dec. last year) and I found it was again different :evil:

So Good Luck!!! :)

PS: BTW, I do have several NOS Switches if anybody neds one.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply

It figures that they would have small differences. It's good to know that you have switches. I will definately keep that in mind. I am going to probably need a column or at least a shift collar as mine was beat up before I got the car by some scumbag thief. That is what I needed the wiring diag. for. Right now I'm making due with an aftermarket cheesy ign. switch under dash. That makes theft prevention pretty crappy.
My car too is a 350/350, A/C car. It is a little rough but an easily conquered project and I traded my '87 Nissan 4X4 4cyl truck for it!!

UncleGus

#4 ·
New owner 1970 el camino

I JUST PURCHASED A 1970 350 ELCAMINO AND NEED THE ENTIRE WIORING DIAGRAM SO I CAN REPAIR MULTIPLE PROBLEMS THAT OBVIOUSLY WERE JURY RIGGED BY A JACKASS BACKYARD BACKDOOR SELF PROCLAIMED MECHANIC:nanawrench:. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH ANY TYPE OF WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS VEHICLE.

#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Get the haynes repair manual #24020 from midway auto $16.00 plus frt.
1969-1987 This book is one of the best i 've ever seen. It contains every spec. offered for those years with step by step inst. and pictures. I'll post a couple to see how they come out.

#8 ·
New guy with a turn signal problem

I have a 70 SS that developed a strange problem with the front turn signals. When I activate either left or right both dash indicators flash and both front turn signals flash at the same time. The rear signals work as they should.

I recently replaced the dome light and when installing the bulb I saw an arc. The fuses are good. Bulbs are good. Flasher module near the fuse box clicks when it should. No idea why the front lights and the dash both flash but the rear operates fine??

Could use some help if anyone can assist. Thanks.

#9 ·
welcome BL :texas:
im not sure
could be a short between the 2 turn sig. wires up front, look for the blue and the lite blue wires,,
try to seperate them,, look for any spots rubbed thru on the insulation..

the rear lights are a different curcuit so turn signals can work with the brake lights on the same bulb..

heres the diagrams
https://www.elcaminocentral.com/d2/articles/wiring/701.gif
https://www.elcaminocentral.com/d2/articles/wiring/702.gif

hit the button in the electrical forum and start your own thread,,
you may get more answers..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.