El Camino Central Forum banner

Tagging an El Camino!

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  87next2last1 
G
#1 ·
I seen many El Caminos in grocery store lots,driveways and even at work.
I always tend to either slip a piece of paper with my name and number on it or a ECC flyer under the windshield wiper to let them know theyve been spotted.
So what Im asking is for every member to start tagging these trucks because I keep running into people who dont know we exist.
If we step up and make this a team effort,it will only bring in more members and eventually bring the values of our rides up.
Its been a club thats been running for 10 years strong,so lets show others what theyre missing out on!

And yes,its perfectly fine to chase an El Camino down if theyre driving the opposite way as long as youre being safe and obeying all traffic laws.

LET THE TAGGING BEGIN!

:beer:

#3 ·
..Ok SteelBeast, I got one question to ask ya,How do you tag a cruck thats behind a fence, nobodys home and its 45 miles from where you live..??:dontknow:..or should I post this in "Deer Keyser" fourm..??:poke:

...but, hey, I did tag this one at the auto parts store..:beer:

..havn't heard anything either..:dontknow:

Attachments

#4 ·
SteelBeast , this is a great idea and hope others will take your suggestion . I have switched from making copies of a handwritten invite to the nice , colored flyer that John Harris made available on this site for us to copy and give out . Looks good and has all the important info on it . I keep a small stack in all of our vehicles and pass them out where ever I go . Sorry I cannot do the link thing to that flyer and maybe someone will post it here for others to see .

#5 ·

This guy lives behind me and this elky has not moved in many years. I haven't made contact other than leaving a flyer in his mail box with my address on it. To be honest it was the inspiration for me getting mine.
I know of a few more I need to approach.

G
#6 ·
Hey Scott,knock on is doo next time you swing by! Ask him is it for sale and when he says no,bust out the ECC salesman moves...If he wants to sale,ask if he would get rid of the cowl hood and wheels...

#8 ·
Tagging an El Camino

try this: Search LeoC2, and open the "Sticky" dated 12-28-12 (should be 1st post) That is the link to business card and the new flyer. I opened it up with the PDF format, however if you click on the icon in the upper left hand corner(its a page with a yellow arrow wrapped around it) it will convert the flyer to Microsoft word. It prints in "landscape" format. I ran off 6 real quick. I will make more copies later.

#11 ·
You can buy the ECC business cards at Zazzle, 100 for about $20 or less depending on which sale is going at the time.

PFlo/Paul:beer:

#12 ·
...X-2..that is what I did with the Elky at the auto store and even ask around too..(Gilby's way).."HEY WHO OWNS THAT GMC SPRINT OUT THERE".!!.. ( yes, I was very loud too..)..and no one answered either.So, I left a buniss card on the windsheild under the wipers..can't miss it...:dontknow:

#13 ·
There is a sticky in the "general bs" forum that has the buisiness cards. That is were I got mine. And I try to tag every Elky I see, even in their driveway.

TIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.