El Camino Central Forum banner

Just converted my '85 305 to a holley carb, need help with a throttle bracket

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Jack_K 
#1 ·
Its a '85 with a 305 engine and th200 metric trans.

I just installed a holley 4150 street avenger carb and need to know what brackets i need to buy to get my kickdown cable and throttle cable working.

Been searching around and found this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/157310/10002/-1

Do i need the optional bracket at the bottom of that page?

And where/how do i connect my throttle cable to the carb. Looks like i need a stud of some sort.

Thanks for your time!

#2 ·
You should be able to take the stud needed for the throttle cable from the old carb. As for the kick down I'm not sure about the th200 but I used both brackets you found to work with the 700R4 I have in my car. I think the lower bracket you see in the pic is only for the 700R4 and 2004R overdrive tranys with the TV system. Go to Holley.com and you'll probably be able to find the correct brackets for your application.

#3 ·
That is a clean setup man!

My kickdown/tv cable looks exactly like yours so i might need the extra bracket. We'll see... I can always return it.

I checked holley and they sell a simlar setup with an optional bracket they say its for a 700r4 though.

#4 ·
That is a clean setup man!

My kickdown/tv cable looks exactly like yours so i might need the extra bracket. We'll see... I can always return it.

I checked holley and they sell a simlar setup with an optional bracket they say its for a 700r4 though.
Yeh, on the Holley site you should be able to look up the street avenger carb and it will list the brackets you need. Thats what I did for mine. But as you said the lower bracket was listed as specific to only the 700R4 & 204R with the TV system. Does your trany have an overdrive?

#5 ·
Nah no overdrive. Th200. I think its similar to a th350. Just need the kickdown to work when i stomp the gas pedal lol.

I guess i can hook it to the bottom of the stock holley linkage and that will probably work.

#6 ·
Yeh you can probably make that work with a few adjustments. On the 700 & 204s Its more critical because the cable controls fluid direction and pressures in the trany and if they aren't set rite you get a fried trany.

#9 ·
Holley is the one and only carb! I don't understand why some people shy away from them. I grew up with them and they're the only carb I want on anything I drive. The 670 Avenger is what's on my car now and it's the balls and most importantly the motor likes it.

#10 ·
don't turn my thread into a Q-jet vs Holley deal that happens on here a lot.

I'm just going to rock this 305 till it explodes then probably do a 350/700r4 swap or maybe a 5.3/4L60E if I can get it cheap enough

I thought about buying a NOS plate and maybe helping this 305 reach boat anchor status even quicker! lol

#13 ·
don't turn my thread into a Q-jet vs Holley deal that happens on here a lot.

I'm just going to rock this 305 till it explodes then probably do a 350/700r4 swap or maybe a 5.3/4L60E if I can get it cheap enough

I thought about buying a NOS plate and maybe helping this 305 reach boat anchor status even quicker! lol
Didn't mean to do that I've got nothing bad to say about the Eddy that was on my car it ran great with no problems. I guess its all about what you're used to. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.