El Camino Central Forum banner

Honest Charley 10% Group Discount

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  87SS 
#1 ·
Hey all;

I'm just checking to see if any of our members have utilized this benefit yet and were you pleased with the service received...

Are there any other OEM or aftermarket suppliers out there you'd like us to try to hook up with? :)

87SS

#6 ·
I already placed a order with honest charlies they seemed like real good people to deal with i recieved all my parts in a week here in canada.and i had no problem getting my discount throught them.

#11 ·
Anyone that get's one of their crossmember will be very happy with it. When I got mine I was very impressed with how stout it was. I did wind up getting it powder coated black before install. The black paint was starting to chip. There's no way the tranny will move with it there.

#16 ·
87SS said:
Hey Ernie;

Do you know John at crossmember.com, he hasn't replied yet....
Sorry, I didn't see this post before now. I don't know him personally but I've bought three of his crossmemembers for different projects. The last time I bought one John gave me a 10% discount for being a repeat customer. I was hoping he would offer the same discount to this list.

:mrgreen:

#19 ·
I put one of their cross members on my 80. It is stout, unbelievably stout as a matter of fact! The addition of that crossmember will add regidity to the frame in a big way!

The paint on them looks like it came from a spray can. So if you're concirned about someone looking under neath you'll need to re-paint it.

#20 ·
I was just at Spring Carlisle this weekend and talked to (and bought from) honest Charley's and they told me they have stopped giving a discount to club members due to price increases that they have absorbed without raising prices to the public. They are good to deal with and seem to be willing to help when you have questions.

86 SS

#24 ·
Glad to hear this. The guy (don't remember his name) from Honest Charley's at the Spring Carlisle was the one who gave me the info on the discount being dropped, but perhaps he was wrong. I'll try again the next time I purchase from them.

86 SS

#25 ·
Ok, here's the official reply from Joe at Honest Charley's...
Peter,

discount applies to inhouse orders. Group members can order in
advance of show that we will be participating in and have them delivered
for pick up the the show with their discount.
They need to specify that
they are part of the group eligible for the discount. Thanks for the
email and let me know if you have any questions about the program.

Best regards, Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.