El Camino Central Forum banner

The 2013 2nd Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run !

40K views 307 replies 29 participants last post by  Lenny Carey 
#1 ·
Guys & Gals,

Please join me For the 2013 2nd Annual Gainesville Get-Together & 1/4 Mile Run on May 11th at the Auto Plus Raceway @ Gainesville (Home of the Gatornationals) for a Great day hanging out with friends & seeing a bunch of trucks on & off the race track !!

I have most of plans worked out !!:dontknow:

Gainesville Raceway has changed their racing programs this year, So this year the gates will open at 12:00. We will meet early in the big parking lot !
We will be parked in the pits in the corporate hospitality area with trees next to the finish line ! So we can be in the shade & watch the racing !!
The entry price is $10 spectator & $35 for racing.
They will be running the Summit Racing Series that you can run in for money & Trophy ! (I'll be racing for that money) The pits will be full of Race cars !! :driving:

http://www.autoplusraceway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=53608&zoneid=65

I will not being doing the Goodie bags & Door Prize's this year, So If anybody wants to volunteer to get them Please do !

We need to workout the food plan. I'm going to get with Terrell's BBQ (The guy that donated the BBQ beans last year) to see what it will cost to feed us ?
I think we will have a better time if we don't spend time prepping & cooking ? :dontknow:
If you have ideas PLEASE tell us !!

I will start a swap meet thread later for us to list wanted parts & If anybody has them, They can bring it to you !!

I have the same Baymount Inn reserve some rooms for $61 a night ! Please talk to (Only) Marcia at (352) 332-8292 & She will take care of you !! They Just finished a renovation !

http://www.baymontgainesville.com/

On Friday May 10th !:beer:
I have Cody's Original Roadhouse setup for a Great night hanging out with Friends,Trucks,Food & Cold Drinks !! They have a section of the Restaurant & Parking lot reserved for us with a Discount !!

http://www.codysamerican.com/

They tell me last year we had 36 Trucks & 7 more Members without their ride !!
Hope to make bigger #'s this year !!

Here is the Pic thread from Last Year !!
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=53204

So Please join me for a great weekend with Friends & Trucks !! :beer:

Please print out some flyers & Pass them out in your area !! (Find those trucks & Put a flyer on it !!)

If anybody has any suggestions Please tell us !!

THANKS !! & Hope you can join me !

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Heyy Steve...sounds like a great day to look forward to...I actually get out of school on the 8th and will be back home on the 9th of May. I will prolly try to make it out on that saturday..although I will not have my Elky with me:-(

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
I'll be there unless otherwise happens. I'll just be driving there & back Sat from home.
I'm eating bbq while reading this, so that sounds good. I have no problem paying for a meal at an event, I don't think anyone needs to spend their time prepping food.
Looking forward to it.:You_Rock:

#6 ·
We will be there ! May 9 is my B-day,May 10 is our 38th wedding Anniversary & Sunday is Mom's day & May 17 is my wife's B-day !Bringing more parts again !

Whoa there you old dude! I may just have to coordinate with Steve up there and have a cake at the ready!

I'll be giving Marcia a call at the Baymont in the AM and we will not have any issues with the room placement. She will be certain there are no issues like what happened with some at check in this time!

I'm looking to get to around 50 this year! Lets do this!!!

:beer:

#7 ·
Hey , This looks most excellent ! Count me in for Cody`s Roadhouse and Saturday at the track . Looking forward to meeting some of our members that I have not seen before . Thanks for all the effort and arrangements you have made . We really appreciate it ! Chris , sounds like you are in for too much fun but somebody`s gotta do it . Will make reservations soon .

#11 ·
I'm in.

Wouldn't miss this if my wife depended on it.

Or something like that.

#13 ·
BTW count my vote for catering.

The food was great last year but more than several people spent a lot of their day cooking and stuff instead of enjoying the get together.

#17 ·
I Will check with Terrell (Best BBQ in Gainesville) & See what it cost for 50 people & We can go from there ??
Will have Ribs, Chicken, Beef & Pork sandwiches with BBQ beans, Cole Slaw & potato salad. His place is a few miles from the track on Waldo Rd. if we need more !!

Anybody wants to cook ?

#14 ·
Flyers !

John (87caballero) printed a bunch of flyers. :beer: We know ink is expensive !
So Please PM me your address & I will send you some flyers To Help me pass them around the state ! :florida: :You_Rock:
Find those lost Trucks & Put a flyer on it !!

Thanks !! :beer:

Attachments

#95 ·
John (87caballero) printed a bunch of flyers. :beer: We know ink is expensive !
So Please PM me your address & I will send you some flyers To Help me pass them around the state ! :florida: :You_Rock:
Find those lost Trucks & Put a flyer on it !!

Thanks !! :beer:
Bump to get Some Flyers out !!
I do have plenty of flyers I can send you !

Find those lost Trucks & Put a flyer on it !! :You_Rock:

Attachments

#15 ·
Should I pm you my address or can I just print some from the attached link????

Just messin wit cha.:poke:

Flyers look great, I will print some and pass them out.

#16 ·
On the fence with this one :dontknow: We have plans to go to Key West around that time. Maybe I can push or pull a week either way

#19 ·
Will print up some and give to all Elkies that I find and maybe find some that will make the trip or join the Region6 group, most all have been approached from Sarasota to Brooksville area.

#20 ·
Yeah Chris , I get to make this one ! NPD Silver Springs and Gainesville were previously when my wife gets vacation time and we have friends or family visiting . Really looking forward to Gainesville . On the cooking , I think we should let someone else do it , make some $ and we would have more time to tell big lies and exaggerated stories . :nanawrench:

#21 ·
I will have the info on the cost to feed us very soon !! :beer:
I will be spending time on the race track So I can collect the MONEY & Trophy !!
Want to get that run in against EdontheBeach !!:driving:

#22 ·
We could probably draw a larger crowd of spectators , especially women, if we have a drivers Speedo contest and parade. Whadya think:poke:?

#37 ·
I may run Misty, I still have a Lenny-induced challenge with Ed.

I've been passing out flyers also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.