El Camino Central Forum banner

Posting Pictures

11K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Old Bear 
#1 ·
I managed to post a couple of before pictures but the two after pictures just errored out. Can anyone help me because the after pictures are certainly better than the before.

#4 ·
Robert, I use Photobucket. It is free and once you get used to how things work very good.

photobucket.com

Once you upload a picture it will return a few fields below your picture. Grab the text string ([IMG....................IMG]) copy and paste into you post here and once your post is loaded, viola the picture is displayed.

#8 ·
Its is a PIA,but best to start an album with Photobucket or something similar,once youve done that,its not too hard(ican do it,and im a tech retard).....but you basically RIGHT CLICK"copy" from photobucket on the photo,and then "paste" onto the forum(you need to have "both windows" open),if your doing more than one photo. I hope that helps.

#12 ·
so I'm not able to download my pics in my computer to this site...I do it on other vbull sites...I don't use photo bucket...on the bottom of every page it says I may not post attachments...that is stopping me I assume, is there a minimum number of posts one must have in order to post attachments...

#13 ·
#17 ·
Mustang pics here? lol

To re-visit...Basic members do not have ability to 'upload files' and the site owners have cruched down on that issue. Members who can upload should first make a copy and then resize the copy to upload within size limits. This method saves the original pic as is.

Photobucket is a good alternative to get your pics posted...But...Place what you want to 'share' in a seperate album on that site, then just click the 'share this album' at the Right side and it will say 'copied'. Then come back to this forum and 'paste' the link within a post. You do not have to be logged into both sites to copy and paste. The seperate album is strongly suggested because I only recently had to get with a member who shared much more when he did the copy and paste...Get it?

#21 ·
What a Continuing PIA

This is, without a doubt, the most on-going, frustrating aspect of participating on this Forum. Could someone at the Execcutive Level,

(1) Define who may post pictures.

(2) Clearly identify any restrictions - based on membership or participation level.

(3) Recruit someone who is tech savvy enough and has the communication skills to produce a guide that clearly explains the process and is simple enough for the most tech savvy challenged member to understand.

(4) Evaluate the "guide", correcting (dumbing down) as necessary and post it as "The Guide".

There are clearly members who would like to share photos with us who do not have Photo Bucket or Flickr etc., accounts and, for reasons of their own, can't or don't want to go that route.

If that truly is the only viable method of posting pictures, let's let everyone know that - up front.

Thanks

#22 ·
Thanks you very much for your to the point request for concise clarification on the subject posting photos to the site. I for one have posted pictures to the site over a period of years and only recently it became obvious that without going to a third party site such as photo bucket this is no longer possible. I have no intention of up loading to photo bucket and it's commercial laden format. Is this a case of since it worked lets break it? Those of us who have been members of EL Camino Central for quite some time long for the good old days when life was simple and processes were clear and easy. As Skylarkul states please posts the policy and directives, after all this site is not managed by a confusing government agency . Thanks for your time and consideration. :texas:

#24 ·
I'll add here that John Harris has been waging the battle for some time to try and make the pic thing easier, to give credit where credit is due. And it isn't over! There have been a lot of improvements for those who use the mobile apps since using the smarty phones for everything is the trend these days...lol And the ease of putting up a pic of even over 30MB on our own Facebook Group Page is some of the reasoning being used to try and get change here. About any digital camera or phone cam take pics larger than the allowed upload size here 'as is'.

Harald you are quite right on the Photobucket aggravation too. Very slow viewing pics anyone puts up here waiting on all of their onsite ads to load up. You can about forget seeing a short video without hearing it first and then doing a replay after all the ads load and you can finally scroll down low on the page where they appear :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.