El Camino Central Forum banner

Official Engine Bay Picture Thread!

44K views 63 replies 44 participants last post by  MikesElco94 
#1 ·
I haven't seen one of these threads on here yet and searched so thought I'd throw one up. Post your engines and engine bays in your El Camino's! Stock or non stock it doesn't matter. I will be posting some of mine in the next few days! Also if you cleaned up the emissions, explain what you got rid of and how you did it! :nanawrench:

#30 ·
I'd like to bump this thread back to the top. I am trying to decide on a color combo for my engine compartment in my El Camino and trying to get some ideas... For now I was thinking plain chevy orange with black brackets and silver components like alternator, water pump, intake, etc. I want plain and simple but color I am not sure of. I was even thinking about blacking everything out with Chevy Orange block or silver block... Idea's?
Car is black btw...

#41 ·
Heres a couple pics of my gm goodwrench 350 crate engine with a bunch of added accesories my buddy and I did the engine swap recently!

#42 ·

Its dirty tho lol. i can spend a whole day detailing just under the hood :p

#47 ·

When i had a big block. i miss it :'(

#49 ·
A wiped cam lobe gave me the excuse to tweak the 383 in my 71 a little bit (new valve covers). Still in progress (Not happy with the air cleaner. If you have a recommendation or suggestion—chrome? natural aluminum? black w no logo?—lemme know!)

More info on my 71 here:
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=39765

#52 ·
A wiped cam lobe gave me the excuse to tweak the 383 in my 71 a little bit (new valve covers). Still in progress (Not happy with the air cleaner. If you have a recommendation or suggestion—chrome? natural aluminum? black w no logo?—lemme know!)

Just a suggestion, get the ZL2 hood on there and go with the cowl induction setup. Stop breathing under hood air.

#53 ·
Which hood is the ZL2?

It took a fair amount of searching but i have an original working cowl hood on my 71. It's more for looks and the "cool" factor as I hooked up the outer door (vacuum operated part) but not the inner door/switch/air cleaner setup. I was concerned about fit as i'm running an Edelbrock Air Gap—also didn't want to shell out the additional $350+ for those pieces either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.