El Camino Central Forum banner

Stolen car alert: 84 El Camino SS

31K views 58 replies 36 participants last post by  captainchadl 
#1 ·
Not sure where to put this but, I need some help right now

Someone took this car, a 1984 El Camino SS Choo-Choo Custom, right out of my driveway sometime after 10:00 P.M Monday night - Tuesday morning. . My Dad bought this car new in 1984 and passed it down to me. My parents got married in it, took it on their honeymoon, and picked me up from the hospital in it when I was born. It was like a family member for us. These were professionals, they lifted it up and moved it through my yard when it was boxed in by a 1500 Dodge, tree, and '93 Camaro.

I'm really tore up about this right now, as is my whole family.

If anyone sees ANYTHING please, PM me or call me at 770-597-7335

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Hope you recover your Elky and then throw the book at the worms who took it. Will keep an eye out for it in Texas. E-mail the stolen car alert to Hemmings...they occasionally do an e-mail blast to all their subscribers reguarding auto theft.

#12 ·
Thanks Everyone! Trying to stay optimistic through all of this but it's been a very hard day. I practically grew up in that car. My Mom is taking it the worst of all of us.

#21 ·
This Came To Me Via The Corvette Forum, I Hope It Helps , Jack

Your thread made me think of this car, strange to have 2 Cho Cho's on the forum at once.......

It's to be auctioned as part of the Bob McDorman collection on Nov. 6. It's an '87 El Camino Choo-Choo Custom in a fairly rare color combination of maroon exterior and gray interior. The ad says it has only 457 miles, but it looks kinda worn to me. Plus, it says it has a 'spanking new bucket seat interior with console'. And some of the side moulding is missing. Please note the unclean engine compartment. Does anyone know this car, or have any comments, or have an opinion of its worth?

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...06&entryRow=46

#22 ·
These were professionals, they lifted it up and moved it through my yard when it was boxed in by a 1500 Dodge, tree, and '93 Camaro.
Somehow this sounds more like a bunch of gangbangers, not professionals, who, I'm sorry to say, want the car for parts...very sorry to hear that your beautiful Elky has been stolen, I hope it's recovered in one piece.

#24 ·
Wow, I wonder if this is the same group that took one from a driveway here in Danville, Va that was I think a 57 Chevy. , They had just taken it out of storage and someone took if out of there driveway the very next night. Since I'm just 30 miles from Danville, VA and my car just sits in a carport I worry about that. Some how they figured they rolled this into a enclosed trailer and took off with it. I hope you recover it and you are able to alert more sites. I will keep my eyes out since we are both here in the South, Michael

#25 ·
BIG Thanks to everyone for getting the word out. It's been a very hard week.

A little info:

The tag is a Georgia Hobby/Antique tag # HA9SJI registered in Gwinnett County

VIN# is 1GCCW80H5ER204523

It was stolen from Lilburn, GA and so far the only lead we have is that it was spotted at 3:00 A.M. on a rollback heading north towards I-85 by a convenience store clerk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.