El Camino Central Forum banner

Toilet plunger dent repair

7K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  oldtinsmith 
#1 ·
Most people already know but some might not. I had a dent APPEAR one day?:dontknow:

So this morning I took and put some water on it and stuck a toilet plunger on it and pulled it right out!!!!:nanawrench:
No big deal, 2 minute job

Can't even tell!!!:nanawrench:

Just thought I'd share!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

See less See more
#9 ·
Good job! Can someone explain the dry ice method?? Sounds interesting lol

#10 ·
Not the BS Section

Folks, let's keep on subject and cut out the remarks that have nothing to do with the serious subject that was posted. We have members and guests that come to the Forum to learn, not to plow through this type of back and forth banter while searching for the nugget of wisdom they may take out of the subject matter. The last serious question was about a "dry ice" method. That would also be great information to know, but who remembered that post after 8 to 10 irrelevant postings. Just be aware that too many of these type posts will earn the member a warning to cease, and the penalties for non-compliance are not user friendly...............Ken

#13 ·
Donny,
I tried the dry ice removal method and it seemed to work at first. But when the hood got hot it came back. That is also what the guy in the video said. Kind of pissed me off because I thought I had fixed the dent until I came back to it later and saw it reapear.:dontknow:

#15 ·
Donny,
I tried the dry ice removal method and it seemed to work at first. But when the hood got hot it came back. That is also what the guy in the video said. Kind of pissed me off because I thought I had fixed the dent until I came back to it later and saw it reapear.:dontknow:
I've heard the same thing. It will pop the dent, but it will not erase the memory in the metal, and it will eventually come back. Maybe not quite as bad, but it will come back and be noticeable.

#26 ·
Northern Tool & Equipment sells a "Pneumatic Dent Puller". It's 21.26" long with a 3-lb sliding hammer and includes 4"" and 6" pads. It's only $179.99:shock::crazy:! Just FYI.

Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.