NooB

Name: Adam
Year: 1977
Model: El Camino
Region: 19(AK,ID,OR,WA)
NECOA #: 23475
Asymmetrix will become famous soon enough
Default Heater control panel

So, I have just about finished installing my ac delete kit. Now that I have removed all of the AC components, its seems silly to keep the AC control panel in the car. Can I just install a panel from a model that didnt have AC, and if so, is it just remove the old one and install the new one, or is there different wiring, etc that I need to worry about? Also, if so, where do you think I could find one. The junkyards out here suck for my 77.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM

Master Wrench

Name: Leroy Reid
Region: 14(AR,LA,MS)
NECOA #: 19697
Skandolis will become famous soon enough

if you can find one the non ac control panel should be a direct swap, if you don't mind my asking, where did you get the delete kit?, what all came with it? i have been considering deleting the ac on my 77, i don't use it and it would free up a lot of space under the hood/dash, and make a spot for a second alternator. i was intending to just make a new heater/blower plenum and get rid of the monster box under the hood, but if i can find something premade i might prefer to go that way.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM

Motor Mouth

Name: .
Year: 1978
Region: 5 (NC,SC)
NECOA #: 9545
ccured will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandolis View Post
if you can find one the non ac control panel should be a direct swap, if you don't mind my asking, where did you get the delete kit?, what all came with it? i have been considering deleting the ac on my 77, i don't use it and it would free up a lot of space under the hood/dash, and make a spot for a second alternator. i was intending to just make a new heater/blower plenum and get rid of the monster box under the hood, but if i can find something premade i might prefer to go that way.
Never worked with them but I know a delete.com has a body kits. $350-$375 iirc. Think it comes with heater core , blower fan and motor and panel. Looked at it for my gbody
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
NooB

Name: Adam
Region: 19(AK,ID,OR,WA)
NECOA #: 23475
Asymmetrix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skandolis View Post
http://acdelete.com/

Crazy simple install too.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM

Name: tim m.
Year: 1985
Model: El Camino SS
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 23662
bdbaggr will become famous soon enough

im in need of a part inside the control panel, the lever stuck so i took apart the heater/ac controls and found a semi round plastic gear that separated and locks the levers up. if you have an assembly in working order let me know and ill buy it from you. im having trouble locating an exploded view to identify the exact part. thanks! tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement