|Today 06:45 PM|
|Skylarkul||Cool Rick. How is it set up?|
|Today 05:42 PM|
|Rick||Craftec bed cover now has functioning electric locks. Wok off my door lock remote.|
|Today 02:44 PM|
Below is a list of the major modifications that I have made to the car.
1. Complete frame off restoration of the chassis and body.
a. Hydro-boost 4 wheel disc brakes, CPP kit
b. Power steering, upgraded steering linkage, spindles and bearings.
c. Sway bars
d. All new ball joints and bushings.
e. New floor pans and left rear quarter panel.
2. PPG paint, 1959 Harbor Blue (base/clear coat) with gray interior.
3. Installation of a 2013 EFI LS 5.3L/6L980e drive line with manual shift capability.
4. Dakota Digital instruments.
5. Vintage Air Conditioning, using the original 1959 controls.
6. Upgraded headlights (halogen) and LED tail lights and turn signals. LED interior lights.
7. American Torq-trust wheels, 17 inch
8. Retro Sound radio with Bluetooth hands free phone and Sirius capable with pioneer amp and speakers.
9. Dynamat and AcoustiShield thermal insulation of the passenger compartment.
10. All new glass and weather stripping
11. Custom Interior with bucket seats and console, GPS and backup camera.
12. Stainless Steel gas tank with internal fuel pump.
13. Re-chromed original bumpers and polished Stainless Steel moldings.
Virtually every bolt, nut, bushing and screw are new. The interior has been upgraded to include lockable storage behind each seat for securing personal items.
|12-12-2019 11:03 PM|
|tomicamino||Teared down all front end parts.|
|12-12-2019 11:01 PM|
|12-12-2019 10:36 PM|
|ELKYBILL||Installed a late '60's set of Sun guages and a Craig 8 track.Not a bad sound!And a radio block off plate.|
|12-12-2019 09:10 AM|
The 7" pulley will increase your boost and bring it in earlier when under load.
Depending on the diameter of your top pully on the snout of your Weiand 144, you may move from 5 to 6 pounds of boost.
This should also increase your "effective" compression ratio.
Consider that you will likely need to increase the octane rating for your fuel to avoid detonation and damage to your pistons, rods and crank.
|12-11-2019 11:36 PM|
|tomicamino||Pulled damper out, assembled line lock, 7 inch lower pulley and ATI damper arrived|
|11-21-2019 10:51 AM|
|LilBrownJug||Just found a NEW dent in the tail gate?? Not big but crap.|
|11-21-2019 05:48 AM|
|tomicamino||Changed steering column lower bowl, needed to tear down whole thing|
|11-10-2019 12:31 PM|
|11-10-2019 12:20 PM|
|78 Elk||I painted the brackets that hold the center armrests for the 60/40 bench seat. My wife made the covers that are on it in 2005. We are recovering them to match the rest of interior.|
|11-10-2019 09:02 AM|
I just finished resto-rodding my 59 a few days before the 60th anniversary get together in Arlington.
I installed a 2013 5.3L/6L80 driveline, 4wdb (hydoboost), 17inch American torq thrust, vintage air, interior, paint, gps/backup camera.
It was a three year project, frame off.
Pictures at 59elco.
|11-09-2019 06:39 PM|
|crazywolfie||tried cleaning/oiling the drivers side door latch/solenoid and any moving parts in the drivers door. i think the latch might be working a bit better but pretty sure i am going to have to pull it and give it a proper cleaning to fix the issue since it looks like the solenoid is working as it should when i am having issues. also cleaned out any tools, gassed it up and put it into storage for the winter. we will see if i feel like doing much more to it over the winter.|
|11-09-2019 02:48 PM|
Here is a picture of the headrest after the wife put new cover on and I installed it.
[IMG]http://New headrest https://imgur.com/a/ME0qrjH[/jpg
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|