- Purchased stock base model in 1982 from original owner (Goodyear Truck Tire Service) with 70k miles,factory light metallic blue with matching blue vinyl interior. The only optional equipment was A/C. Drove it with flaking/peeling paint for 10 years pulling my 17ft Ski Boat to lakes and rivers all over California, Arizona, Nevada, & Utah. In 1992 had it painted Oxford white, added 16" IROC wheels, changed all interior to gray, new carpet, seat upholstery, and door panels. Installed power door locks, power window motors and switches, and fabricated a relay system to operate both. Pulled my skiboat for 3 more years, then at 110k miles, replaced the cam and lifters. At 196k miles added an electric fan, an Edelbrock 600 Carb, Edelbrock TES headers, Pypes stainless 2-1-2 exhaust & single cat with race pro mufflers. Did not like the rumble/drone, so I replaced the mufflers with stock Walkers. All repairs and improvements since 2005 have been done while I was unemployed, disabled, and on a zero budget - the main reason it is taking so long!
1978 Chevrolet El Camino (White)
- Original factory 170 HP 350 CI 196,000 miles with all California required smog equipment intact - hand cleaned & painted factory blue. (never been removed from engine bay) Added Edelbrock performer 600, and Edelbrock chrome TES headers to a single MC cat with S/S 2.5" Pypes 2-1-2 exhaust. Lincoln MKVIII 2 speed electric fan with 80A relays and BMW dual temperature control switch.Original factory condition Stock TH350 trans currently @ 196k replaced speedo gear, tailshaft and speedo seals, replaced rear trans mount.
- All gray with fabric bench seat, upgraded steering wheel to MC/SS style. In dash 2" oil & Temp gauges with 3" Tach mounted to "A" pillar in homemade mount. Smoked plexiglass cover over radio delete blank with recessed HVAC controls. Fabricated new door chrome trim, and added factory door pulls. Recovered headliner & added custom fabricated third brake light inside on rear window trim.
- In 1992, Monochromatic was popular so I chose Oxford white single stage paint (bodywork/prep poorly done by a professional). Added sport mirrors. All chrome, aluminum, and stainless trim painted by me. Original factory 1987 Iroc Z 16x8 rims chrome plated. Reconfigured fuel door to swing to the side instead of up. Fabricated custom square tube grille. Fabricated new rear center bumper filler.
- No sound system currently installed.
- Stock factory with LEDs
- Edelbrock TES headers, single MC cat with S/S 2.5" Pypes 2-1-2 exhaust. AP 21" stock mufflers with self fabricated tail pipes.
- Stock original with Energy Suspension endlinks 2/16 replaced factory upper ball joints. 9/18 added stock rear sway bar. Plan to replace rear airshocks with KYB and add Airlift air spring bags Has not been regularly driven since 2003.
Wheel and Tire
- Factory front & rear 16x8 1987 IROC Z chrome plated in 1992. 7/19 New 225 50 16 tires, finally replaced those installed in 1999.