El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums - View Single Post - Conversion to Hydro Boost Brake System - 1970 El Camino
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Gale and his cats
Year: 1970
Model: El Camino
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 38617
Old Bear has a reputation beyond reputeOld Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaminoss69 View Post
Hello all,

just a quick question about the return lines to the power steering pump.

Would it be possible and a good or bad idea to run the return line from the power steering pump to the original hose connection from the reservoir
and
for the return line from the hydro boost unit drill a hole into the reservoir and use a connection like this Attachment 106734 of course using a nut on the inside of the reservoir.

Just to stay away from the T-connection.

Shear Performance modified the '70 Gen 1 pump by adding a second return line to the reservoir, converting to Shear Performance specially design AN fittings. I don't think they needed to modify the pump. They welded (possibly brazed) the fitting to the PS reservoir.

I'm not sure why they had a local company custom build that connector. Possibly they added something to reduce fluid aeration. They welded the fitting. I will ask them to see if they can clarify for us.

Take A Kid To A Car Show

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.