El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums - View Single Post - Conversion to Hydro Boost Brake System - 1970 El Camino
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:42 PM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Gale and his cats
Year: 1970
Model: El Camino
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 38617
Old Bear has a reputation beyond reputeOld Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Three part answer.

This is a 50 year old vehicle, so I am OK to drive in the slow lane. Fwy lanes had been repainted and the car that was merging onto fwy, no longer could go straight like they could 10 days earlier. I needed to do a panic stop in the slow lane from 60 down to 20 with a semi tractor on my right. Locked all 4 tires and straight as could be until the trailer tires went passed me. The hydraboost applied the pressure. However stopping straight goes to Sheer Performance for adjusting the rest of the brake system well for me.

DStinch and FauxRS use electric vacuum assist and are happy with their solutions. See their comments above. May be less $. Check FauxRS post for his good links.

I did look at POL Performance Online.
Check post #18.

Notes:
Hydrtech had new Bosch units, where POL is rebuilding units.
Hydratech has a billet firewall bracket.
Hydratech hardware kit with hose looks to have additional parts.
POL may save some you some $.

Take A Kid To A Car Show

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Old Bear; 10-29-2019 at 07:51 PM.