Lt1 oxygen sensors reinstalled - El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums
El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums

Ground Up
Notices

User Name
Password

Old 12-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Master Wrench

Name: toyin
Year: 1984
Model: Conquista
Region: 20(HI)
NECOA #: 59257
toyinhawaii is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Default Lt1 oxygen sensors reinstalled

upon further research i guess it was a good idea to have the O2's hooked up. I welded bungs in and installed new Delphi ES20317 O2's right after the collectors.Had about 1 inch of harness slack left on the pass. side. Been getting some good help over on Gearheadefi.com on updating/fine tuning the PCM.

Got the O2 bungs off Amazon, Pack of 5(bung and plug) for $20. the quality is very good! Beats oreillys and some of the others @ $11 each, just for 1 bung,no plug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Site Contributor

Master Wrench

Name: Rick
Year: 1970
Model: El Camino
Region: 14(AR,LA,MS)
NECOA #: 78882
B52bombardier1 is just really nice

Hello,

I have only recently found that GearheadEFI web site along with the LS Droid and PCM Hammer discussions on the LS1Tech site. Ditto for the TunerPro RT, PCMHacking.net and ScanTool.net web sites. All fascinating stuff and I'm learning a lot at those places.

I now have three extra PCM's for the LS engine in my 70 EC that I have junk yard picked up for very cheap. Only one is a true spare for my LS engine with an HP Tuners custom operating system but I'm now deciding what to do with the other two - maybe use LS Droid to flash them. I'm not at all worried that my currently installed 896 PCM will ever fail and my spare is another 896 with an exact copy of the primary PCM's HP Tuners operating system. So I'm covered, no matter what. I also have a spare Mass Air Flow sensor, a spare starter and a spare 145 amp alternator that are junk yard conquests all for short money.

But I just couldn't pass up buying another one last Friday at my local junk yard. I tell my wife that its good exercise walking the yards and you never know what you might find. Last Friday, my local favorite yard had a Black Friday 50 % off sale on all items if you pull it yourself. I searched and searched but finally found the best possible PCM that could ever support my LS engine. Its out of a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer with a whopping 1 megabyte of storage capacity and that also has the internal integrated circuit chip that supports my Drive By Cable throttle blade . . . for an amazing $18.50. And LS Droid and all of my other OBD II apps can talk to it using my bench PCM test wiring harness - this PCM is still fully functional. What a deal!!

Rick

Last edited by B52bombardier1; 12-02-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Master Wrench

Name: toyin
Year: 1984
Model: Conquista
Region: 20(HI)
NECOA #: 59257
toyinhawaii is a jewel in the rough
Garage

Hey Rick,
Yea... All new to me too! I hear what they are talking about, see what they do with the EE hacking,$ee def.file, etc. but understanding how to apply it all is a different thing... atleast for now. Just like you....still learning! I'm just using the tunerpro and the tuner CATS. COCOBOLO95 helped me out over on the LS1/LT1 site and now i'm over on the gearheadefi. i transplanted the LT1 back in 2005 and only getting everything done now(long project). Now its the LS series that is popular! so i'm about 15 years behind! LOL! Yep! nothing like being prepared and having extra parts on hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in