What have you done to your El Camino today! - Page 5 - El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums
El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums

Ground Up
Notices

User Name
Password
Go Back   El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums > General Topics > Site Topics

Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
TrannyMike

Master Wrench

Name: Mike
Year: 1985
Model: El Camino
Region: 18(CA)
NECOA #: 18805
TrannyMike has a reputation beyond reputeTrannyMike has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Conspiracy, looking good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Master Wrench

Name: lilbaggie
Year: 1987
Model: El Camino SS
Region: 13(TX)
NECOA #: 5314
lilbaggie will become famous soon enough

gave both Elcos a wash and dry…

and put the toddler seat in the 71 so I can take my 3-yr old for a spin…
Old 06-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Master Wrench

Name: ELKY FOR SALE....PM ME
Year: 1972
Region: 3 (DE,NJ,PA)
NECOA #: 19041
72SSELKY52 will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrannyMike View Post
Heck, you did a lot! That cab must have been one heck of a job. I thought Holley only made carburetors, LOL!

Lol I was in a hurry and did not spell check.......Holley Carb Sorry to all of you spelling gurus

Old 06-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Master Wrench

Year: 1979
Region: 11(IA,NE,ND,SD)
NECOA #: 17592
ALAsh will become famous soon enough

Took the 79SS to the A/C shop for new hoses and charging on the new 383 Stroker turn-key set-up.
Then it's home to pull the headers and send them to Jet Hot for coating and finally a trip to the paint shop.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Master Wrench

Year: 1968
NECOA #: 15019
cjlaketexoma will become famous soon enough

I'm inspired! But too busy. I do have plans to pull the dash pod out, and clean out everything from the recent paint job (lotsa fine dust), and run in new a/c duct hose. I did check on the bad girl last night, and she always gets a pat. Rippin' and ready to go play, but the human can't carve the time... She gets a lot of quality time with another car we don't drive enough, my wifes pet (1991? can't remember) miata, she got it from her mom, who bought it new.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:08 PM

Master Wrench

Year: 1964
NECOA #: 15956
HASBEEN will become famous soon enough

Received the last piece of trim today (rear window) ....I actually needed the bottom piece only (coupla dings and dents) but didn`t find it anywhere new, as a seperate item.
If any body needs a decent used, original, complete, rear window trim set, let me know and it`s yours. No cost but it`lt need a little tlc.
I saw a guys old Pontiac that had all of the trim "reworked" by a guy that knew what he was doing....I was impressed.

It`s still high 90`s here so when it cools down a little after dark I may try to install.

Took a coupla pics yesterday (yeah I know the grass needs mowing...aint interested in working in a "Dust Bowl")

Has almost 100 miles on it now...still shaking out the "little stuff"

Like the old saying: "There are only two rules here....No. 1. Don`t worry about the little stuff.
No. 2. It`a all little stuff"

Hasbeen
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
TrannyMike

Master Wrench

TrannyMike has a reputation beyond reputeTrannyMike has a reputation beyond repute

Nice elky Hasbeen!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Knuckle Buster

Year: 1979
Region: 12(MO,OK,KS)
NECOA #: 19032
Blazenlotus will become famous soon enough

Today I adjusted my carb and worked on getting my firewall to core braces in.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 PM

Master Wrench

Name: Zach O.
Year: 1983
Region: 15(AZ,MN)
NECOA #: 17821
zach01s will become famous soon enough

The last thing i did to mine was put new ceramic front brake pads on and service the transmission. i replaced the factory trans pan with an aftermarket deep pan with a drain plug, and it was chrome too which is always a plus.

before that i completely re did the exhaust, the old setup was full length hooker headders with full 3 inch, an H pipe and into super 40 flowmasters, the new setup i choked it down to 2.5 inch, same headders but it goes into a Pypes X-pipe, into the mufflers, over the diff and out the back, finishing the pipe off with 4 inch echo tips.

before that was the kevlar door handles i fabbed up, i think i actually made a thread about them

before that was replace the oem flexplate with a thicker, SFI racing flexplate...

i could go on and on lol

The next thing tho is buy new rubber for the rear end, the BFG radial t/a out back are about done, i need to hurry up and find axles for my 8.5 posi rear end and rebuild it, the spool i have now murders tires....

when i buy new rear tires im going to change wheels, right now im running Z28 camaro rims, im changing it to black steel race wheels. i got a set off a guy that bought them for his stock car... heck yeah nascar style steelies. its gonna look good when i get the tires mounted with white lettering out, of course
'83 elCamino. steel crank kieth black forged pistons, pete jackson timing gears, VooDoo cam, World products votrec clone heads, Brodix intake, full msd ignition with Sniper nitrous wet shot system. built vette 700r4 with 2800 stall. 4.11 spooled rear end.

Its aways the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 PM

Master Wrench

Name: Angelo
Year: 1987
Region: 2 (CT,MA,ME,NH,RI,VT)
NECOA #: 18849
mopowa has much to be proud of
Garage

Fed Ex, UPS and USPS just delivered the last of every thing I needed for the front end rebuild. Upper and lower arms,springs, shocks,tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and links.
Could one of you guys come by and throw this stuff in, I'll buy the beer and pizza, what was I thinking when I bought all this stuff
406 cid
Old 06-13-2011, 08:27 PM
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD

Master Wrench

Name: JAMES
Region: 5 (NC,SC)
NECOA #: 19368
LOCKJAW is of outstanding character
Garage

I wanted to pull my valve covers to eyeball my roller rockers and possibly snug one noisy one down. The roller rockers along with hydraulic rollers tend to make slight noise once in a while. But, the temp was almost 96 at 1399hrs. Too hot for me so i hung out in the pool with some rolling rockers !! I'll do it manana.

1964 restomod. Wht/red, full roller ZZ4, full MSD ignition, Muncie , QFT, Hookers, Flowmasters.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Torque Wrench

Year: 1981
Model: Conquista
Region: 5 (NC,SC)
NECOA #: 19077
jacked85k10 will become famous soon enough
Garage

I drove to work today in it. Also put my serpentine belt setup in the hot tank for a couple hours to get the crud off. It came of a 4.3 S10 Blazer. It goes on the El Camino this weekend. I'll take pics tomorrow. It's on top of my tool box. Here is a pic of the box though.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:44 PM
TrannyMike

Master Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacked85k10 View Post
I drove to work today in it. Also put my serpentine belt setup in the hot tank for a couple hours to get the crud off. It came of a 4.3 S10 Blazer. It goes on the El Camino this weekend. I'll take pics tomorrow. It's on top of my tool box. Here is a pic of the box though.

Uh Oh... I can see it now... an "Elky Owners With Tool Boxes" thread, LOL!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Venerated Member RIP

Master Wrench

Name: steve
Year: 1970
NECOA #: 17362
centex396 is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't do much today but clean and paint some old Mickey Thompson valve covers. I put one on and took some pics. I can't deside wheither or not to rip the cheap Eldebrock covers that came with the heads for the M/Ts. What do you guys think?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 PM

Master Wrench

NECOA #: 15956
HASBEEN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by centex396 View Post
Didn't do much today but clean and paint some old Mickey Thompson valve covers. I put one on and took some pics. I can't deside wheither or not to rip the cheap Eldebrock covers that came with the heads for the M/Ts. What do you guys think?

Either way`s a winner in my book.....looks great man !

one question....Ya Gotta tell the story behind the coffee cup logo

Hasbeen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the El Camino Central Forum : Chevrolet El Camino Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in