El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just wanted to pick your brains about an a/c R12 to R134A retrofit.....
Does anyone know the correct size conversion fittings to retrofit my original R12 system? Believe it or not retrofit kits are getting harder to come by these days (In 1995 I thought they’d ALWAYS be readily available LOL). Local parts stores don’t have them in stock anymore so I need to order some online. There are multiple sizes/styles available so I just want to make sure I get the right ones so I don’t have to play the trial and error game with online purchases. I have an old conversion kit with multiple retrofit fittings, schrader valves, caps etc from back in the day but of course the ones I need are long gone at this point as well as the labels stating which size they are so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the year in the description lol. And yes, there’s a variety of different size fittings. Here’s a small example of some and there’s quite a few more than these out there.
Product Rectangle Font Wood Material property

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here’s another example of what I have that’s missing what I need so you can see what I’m talking about:
Rectangle Toy Toy block Font Plastic

·
Registered
854 Posts
Chris, I bought a kit on line for my 79 and it was supposed to come with 3 cans of 134 with a hose and guage and fittings. The kits only had 1 can in them so they sent me 3 of everything. I will send you a set of fittings if you give me your address privately.
Tom
Packing materials Plastic Auto part Space Gas
Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris, I bought a kit on line for my 79 and it was supposed to come with 3 cans of 134 with a hose and guage and fittings. The kits only had 1 can in them so they sent me 3 of everything. I will send you a set of fittings if you give me your address privately.
Tom View attachment 141367 View attachment 141368
I received my special delivery today. Just wanted to say thanks again. I really do appreciate it!
-Chris

·
Registered
854 Posts
No problem. Will be driving through Virginia 10/17 on the way to Florida. Should get to Emporia about 1pm. Then down 95.
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts