El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Georgia members.

From the article ...

Those who lollygag in the left lane of highways and interstates could be ticketed under legislation approved in the state House on Wednesday.

House Bill 459, by Rep. Bill Hitchens, R-Rincon, was approved 162-9.

The bill makes it a misdemeanor for any driver on a divided highway who does not move to the right when a car going faster approaches from behind.

“Everybody knows this is the slow-poke bill,” Hitchens said.

I may have to move to Georgia as this is one of my pet peeves. Read the entire article here.

Copper

·
Registered
929 Posts
It's about time. People should be pulled over for pulling this type of stuff in the first place. I've had to pass many people on the right who are just talking on their cellphones, and refuse to change lanes even after a flash of the lights. I refuse to ride peoples bumpers. I have never caused an accident and I don't even intend to.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Where on the speed limit sign does it say "faster in left lane?" I agree, people shouldn't go slower in the left lane, but where is it written that they should drive faster than the posted limit?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Where on the speed limit sign does it say "faster in left lane?" I agree, people shouldn't go slower in the left lane, but where is it written that they should drive faster than the posted limit?
Lol I see your point. Think its more of a faster yet within the limits implied. I notice some freeways or highways have a minimum and a max posted. Those who fall closer to min go right those who push or pass the limit go left.

My favorite thing to do is follow someone else who is going fast. Not much of a speed leader myself. Shoot here in MN..coldest place on earth, honestly just use w.e lane has the least ice.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Steve, that video shows using the "fast" lane only for passing. I agree completely, but the problem is the people that either exceed or go slower in the left lane.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,473 Posts
I have driven on roads in other countries as well as in states that had this drive in the right lane and pass in the left and it was a pleasure to drive as well as much safer . Ellie is right and it`s not supposed to become a speeding lane but that is what will happen . The Florida legislature considered that law before but it failed to pass .

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Yeah the fast lane is for passing only uh huh - and you should never pass on the right

tell that to these people

In CA. by the way by law you only have to move over for a faster vehicle if they give you a visual or audible sign, like blowing horn or flashing lights (imagine how well that goes over for most frustrated drivers, some git riding your bumper leaning on his horn and flashing his brights all so he can get a car length ahead of you), and you may pass on the right at any time you like on the freeways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts